• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Roster: 5th Mario Rep Vote

Who should be the 5th Mario rep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueJedi21

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am a "new" YouTube video uploader and I previously had a SSB4 Possibilities series on my old channel. Now, on my new channel, I am holding a voting competition for my new SSB4 Roster!!! Voting starts now and ends next Saturday, April 20. Here are the candidates:

Count Bleck
Dimentio
Geno
Mallow
Bowser Jr
Fawful
Rosalina
Petey Pirahna
King Boo
Toad
Waluigi
Paper Mario

I am TrueJedi21 on YouTube.
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwKTqMqLzI
Votes are replies, votes, and messages here, comments, video responses, messages, etc. on YouTube!!! HAVE FUN!!

***NOTE: Waluigi and Paper Mario have been added to the list although they are not in the poll***

TrueJedi21

Smash Rookie
I will put him in the next vote, I am including him with Wario, although I know he isn't..

TrueJedi21

Smash Rookie
Well, this is special, it is just for a roster I am doing on my YouTube Channel...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, this is special, it is just for a roster I am doing on my YouTube Channel...
Then say that in the actual character thread. The other thread was made for a reason.

TrueJedi21

Smash Rookie
yeah, I kind of "meant to forget" paper mario, I just don't know if he would be a different characeter than mario, but I can see it happening
for my purpose, I left him out..

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
You can't ask who should be the next Mario character when you have an obvious agenda. No Waliuigi and no Paper Mario just show you are forcing people to lean in a direction that you want.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ok, I will open it to Waluigi and Paper Mario....
What are you trying to do anyways?

Try and show that smashboards loves a certain character more than any other?

As RomanceDawn stated you obviously have an agenda. So.... what is your agenda sir?

TrueJedi21

Smash Rookie
What are you trying to do anyways?

Try and show that smashboards loves a certain character more than any other?

As RomanceDawn stated you obviously have an agenda. So.... what is your agenda sir?
I am just making a SSB4 roster and instead of just having my opinion, I wanted other peoples' opinions too and I include characters I thought would make good options and PM and Waluigi slipped my mind...not trying to be a tyrant, just have innocent intentions...

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I am just making a SSB4 roster and instead of just having my opinion, I wanted other peoples' opinions too and I include characters I thought would make good options and PM and Waluigi slipped my mind...not trying to be a tyrant, just have innocent intentions...
That's all well and good, and it should be the goal of any poll. Yet you said this...

yeah, I kind of "meant to forget" paper mario, I just don't know if he would be a different characeter than mario, but I can see it happening
Which immediately shows a selfish motive. I don't know exactly why you kept certain characters out but I could see you wanting to present the results to someone arguing that your favorite was more popular instead of theirs, when theirs wasn't an option to begin with. Or Maybe you just want one of your favorites to generally appear more popular than another without their biggest competition.

I hate Krystal with a passion and Waluigi in Smash irks the ****zu out of me, but if I made a poll I'd know I would need to include them.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Geno is the only other Mario rep that I want in super smash.

But I'd be okay with King Boo, Toad or Waluigi.
Not okay with Bowser Jr or Paper Mario *shudders*.

The others in the list are pointless additions since their chances are infinitesimal at best.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread will close in just a week? That's a bit to short, you know.

And I won't vote on the poll due to the absence of Paper Mario. :glare:

TrueJedi21

Smash Rookie
sorry, I'm new here and I was rushing through the character options...can I add names to the poll?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I can't imagine Paper Mario being the same character as Mario. C'mon you really need to play just one of his games to realize they're not even remotely similar...

TrueJedi21

Smash Rookie
I can't imagine Paper Mario being the same character as Mario. C'mon you really need to play just one of his games to realize they're not even remotely similar...
yeah I decided to add Waluigi and PM to the vote, but I cant add them to the poll, but you can comment Paper Mario and Waluigi in a message, reply, or on my YouTube vid

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I'll play. I vote for Paper Mario.

The Mario RPG games are some of the best games to come out of the Mario series, so it'd be nice to see them get some recognition via a playable character. The most unique and popular Mario RPG games are the Paper Mario series (at least the first two), so Paper Mario would be the perfect character to represent them. He could be a unique character at the very least for being made out of paper, but if you combine that with the abilities he exhibits in his games from simply hitting with a hammer to transforming into a paper plane, then he could make for an extremely interesting character to play as.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I picked Fawful because he's the only character I'd personally like to see come from the Mario series.

(WAHluigi would be fine with me though).

I mean the RPG Mario Spin-Offs are horribly underrated in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Why everyone wants Geno? I'll approve Paper Mario if there's evidence that he and Mario coexists.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Why everyone wants Geno? I'll approve Paper Mario if there's evidence that he and Mario coexists.
I don't think 'everyone' wants him. From what I can tell he's got about as much support as Toad, Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario. I think he's probably because he's a great character from a great game, and people want him to finally return. I love Geno as much as the next, however since he's a 'one-shot' character I find it hard to support him ahead of the likes of Paper Mario, Toad and Bowser Jr. who are major parts of the franchise rather than just one game.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm not convinced there will be a fifth Mario character under the "Mario" series emblem. They axed Doc and didn't offer a replacement. However, Paper Mario could easily be considered a spin-off series, so in that respect I think he's at least a possibility.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Eh.... Geno is owned by Square, soooooo... Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom