• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Srsly Falco wtf

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
I cannot best a Falco. It's impossible. Every single time I try and dodge he attacks right before I can. Every single time I attack he attacks me and has priority. Please god help me.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
well, i can tell you wht i seem to do, if that helps........
i semi-pikmin spam but i do it more for mind games rather than damage. if u throw it, most falcos tend to shine.... i.e. u will see a pattern and u just figure a strategy to deal with him
also, ur f-smash has more range, so u should try to distance yourself allowing your f-smash to get through, but not his
i would suggest shield grabbing more.... u stated that u dodge and he atks before u..... maybe try dodge, shield, then shield grab
and finally, when u get him off the edge, if he is below it... i persoanlly go for the spike, because you know that falco's up-b has some start up lag

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
Spaming him might work cause he doesn't use the reflector. All he uses is over b, f-smash, u-smash, blaster, and u-b. I know it sounds like its easy but whenever I unsheild he does over b and hits, every single time. Every once in a while I can dodge in the direction he's moving and do a down smash but not often. And When I try and shield grab him somehow he gets a F-smash in before I grab him. And When ever I try and approach him from the top with any of my air moves he does U-smash and out prioritizes me.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
if he over b's.......... just shield and then smash atk.... theres is some ending lag to that move
since u said that he always f-smashes u before ur grab goes off....... hold your shield for that last second and as soon as his f-smash connects with it, shield grab

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
That might work. I have to learn to be patient lol. I try the shield smash when he over b's but it normally doesn't work cause he does it when I'm in the air or just getting out of a shield. But I do punish him that way if I get the chance.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
ummm, how is he forward bing u when u finish ur shield? theres a slight start up lag before it starts..... it sounds like he's outplaying u as bad as this sounds. like well, maybe ur being too predictible, maybe also try just things outside of your norm so that he can't predict your moves

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
this sounds like me playing against a good sheik user. his attacks have high priority and they're FAST as heck. just practice your dodges correctly and u should be fine.

try playing more defense close to the edge. it can be risky, but it takes away his f-b option, and he'll be hesitant to jump-over-to-your-backside-then-dair.(if he does that) Besides trying that, just be sure you're shielding long enough, but not too long or he'll start jabbing u w/ that insane jab. like pyronic said earlier, if he's coming from below to get back on stage, be sure to try and spike him everytime. u can also edgeguard by fsmashing off the ledge to gimp his laggy recovery.

good luck

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
I'm too lazy to test things right now, but shouldn't an Utilt outprioritize his forward-B? Seeing as how it's a multi-hit move, it shouldn't require very good timing to use it as a counter.

12r

Smash Rookie
Falco is a tough match up. I'm working on a video compilation right now and it WILL have some strategies that have worked against Falco.

Things I know... Everything Falco does clanks Olimar's Pikmin.
... Shield Grabbing generally does NOT work. The pikmin step past Falco, or he hits you before the grab finishes. Because the pikmin do the actual grab, Olimar doesn't really get the grab armor that many other characters do once their grab has successfully initiated.
...Falco's >B is much better in Brawl. BEWARE it.
...If Falco reflectors you can spot dodge it. You can also rush in as the return animation is going on so both of those options leave him open.
...Olimar and Falco are both momentum driven characters... If you get the momentum, keep it up until Falco is done. If Falco gets momentum, run away and regroup. Use purple pikmin and forward throw to do this.

Top Bottom