• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squad battle teams built on Marth

Carfax

Smash Rookie
I'm bored at work and I've been thinking about my 3v3 squad battle teams. I decided to post some of them here with their strengths and weaknesses. Feel free to discuss your 3v3 or 5v5 thoughts as well.

When it comes to match ups, I'm going largely based on Smash 4. Obviously goes without saying, but this is all speculation because Ultimate is a completely different game.

3v3

:ultmario::ultmarth:

A Marth - Mario core provides a good amount of coverage for top tier match ups. Mario makes a good lead because of his ability to rack up percent on any character, which can be useful against an enemy leading with Sheik trying to do the same thing. Some of Mario's poor match ups like Bayonetta and Cloud are easier for Marth which makes him a good follow up. Mario also makes for a good glue because of his easier ability to pick up and play. The last spot in the squad is a preference pick. :ultroy: is a familiar character that will have a stronger ground game in Ultimate thanks to skid cancelling, however you are susceptible to the volatile DK/Bowser match ups. He might also be useful vs Inklings since Roy is fast and can punish them hard for poor movement. :ultcloud:can anchor and mop up any leftover characters; he gives you some more insurance against Sonic, Bayonetta, and random mid tier cheese characters (possibly Ice Climbers). May :ultsheik: is also a good option for her ability to control the speed of the game if things are getting out of hand on your last character. She can make things a little easier vs Mewtwo, Fox, and Sonic. Her speed will be useful vs Simon and Snake if they are viable.

:ultsheik::ultmarth:

Marth - Sheik core is a more defensive version of Marth - Mario that focuses on controlling the pace of the game. This core doesn't have the same trouble vs the big grapplers and campers that Marth - Mario does, but it does have a harder time closing out stocks. This is especially frustrating vs characters like Rosalina and Bayonetta. :ultcloud:can help cut through those characters for you and provide the KO power you are lacking. :ultrosalina:can anchor and grind things to a halt if you are in a panic mode, especially vs Diddy. :ultcorrin:is an alternative if you need an easier character to transfer mechanics from Marth. Whichever character takes the last spot for this core should really be able to close out stocks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom