• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SQL 2000 + SSL Issues

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
So, I need to make sure that a specific set of clients use encryption since it'll be over the WAN. I requested a server authentication cert from CA, installed it, and now my instance of SQL2k now supports PKI-scheme encryption. Great.

Now, my problem is this, before I go live with it, I want to verify it beyond a shadow of a doubt. How do I do so? I'm trying to use the limited version of the Network Monitor Tool that comes with Server 2003, but it doesn't really seem to be helping...at all, it's just a bunch of gibberish on the frame.

As mentioned, using win server 2003 and ms sql 2000. If you can answer this for me, I will ...well, appreciation, that's all I got. Sorry for such a n00b question, networking isn't my thing.

Top Bottom