• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spreading Skill Gaps between friends?

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I know, but tech skill is really, really important, especially early in development.
I didn't say that was a rank of players, but a rank of what tech skill you should learn in order.

Swann

Smash Journeyman
They and I know they wouldn't catch up to my level unless they wasted close to the plethora of time I have...If I did convince them to that could turn out to subtract their time from more important matters and I'd be essentially making their priorities crooked. Feels like trying to get other people addicted to drugs so I can enjoy them doing it with me.
Dang, this is almost spot-on how I feel with one of my closest friends.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
You say that you're friends would know if you played your bad characters, but...don't you have secondaries that you good with, but not as good as your main? Either just:
1.Still play your main, but don't start out playing as your main, start out as your secondaries saying that you need to warm up, and play every now and then with your main, but say that you want to focus on a certain one of your secondaries
or
2.Just blatantly say that you're going to take a break from your main and play your secondaries. They shouldn't take it as an insult as long as your secondaries still pose a pretty good threat against their characters.
or
3.If you still want to play your main, then don't focus on winning so much as landing a certain move or learning a certain technique. You'll play somewhat worse, but you'll improve over time. The thing is, since you'll be worse in the meantime, it'll give your opponent MORE practice against your main. Additionally, as they just simply play more, they'll begin to catch up to you, assuming they are improving.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
There are not many solutions to this. It really depend son how willing to get better your friend is. The only solution I found in Melee was to start using Roy. Orject M kind of has a better balance though... You two cold just settle to become training partners, helping each other to get better.

Top Bottom