• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spindash oddities

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this has probably been answered or discussed elsewhere, but in doing a quick search I couldn't find anything directly related, so here goes.

Just have a couple questions concerning the traits of sonic's spindashes.

Primarily the fact that at times you can spindash through an opponent and not touch them (even when they are not dodging or shielding, or if they are shielding, their shield doesn't get tapped). Does anyone know the cause of this? It's been irritating me for some time now as I can't seem to find a direct reason why this happens.

Second question: Why are you sometimes seemingly unable to jump out of a spindash when you certainly have jumps left (aka spindash initiated on the ground)? Again, this happens a fair bit, and I haven't found a logical reason to explain why I sometimes seem jump-deprived.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
The answer to both is that you need to have a certain amount of forward momentum to either injure or jump. So right as you turn you're going to have a slow speed and it's going to take some time to get enough speed to jump/do damage.

Ademar440

Smash Cadet
That and the fact that DownB does not hit airborne enemies and ForwardB does, and if you turn around while speed dashing it takes a while to be able to jump out of it.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I can't remember if it was the Spin Charge or Spin Dash but in one of them you can only jump (after the first bit, where you can) when Sonic makes a noise.

Ademar440

Smash Cadet
Try to hit someone trying to get back to the stage with both attacks and you'll know what I'm talking about, side B not only hits but gives you a chance to do a footstool jump back to the stage and down B will make you SD.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Since Sonic has that stupid "infinite jump" glitch with the Spin Dash, double jumping and initiating a Spin Dash in the air but releasing it on the ground will still count as an aerial Spin Dash. And since you used your 2nd jump already, you won't be able to aerial JC out of it..

Top Bottom