• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/// Spin Sheilding /// (IGNORE THIS THREAD)

Shin Oni

Smash Rookie
NNID
FMAries
Any who, I discovered that Sonic can directly shield during any of his spin attacks. Example like Spin Dash and Spin Charge, just put the shield up right during the first charge and there you have it, You can also apply this while moving and it will give Sonic a little boosting animation, however, it might leave Sonic wide open so it's mostly a dissapointment if used wrong. Anyway the technique is simple.

(P.S. I mostly posted this up because I wanted to find out if any smash player has ever discovered this technique. I mostly would use this to avoid projectiles quicker because here's a good example.

Peach- We all know the turnips will tear you up at the first chance, so as soon as she releases it, do Spin Dash and SHIELD immediately. Then you can cancel out the animation and dash after, then come in close and start tearing her up what ever way you like. However it won't be that easy so don't get your hopes up. :laugh: Well, the only reason why I posted this up was because I shielded during the animation and I never even tried it UNTIL NOW (6/11/08)

NOTE: You can spring out from the SPIN SHIELD after. We all know that Sonic can spring out of his shield so why not put this to your advantage? ;)

Anywho, nothing special. Peace out

Shinn Oni

Umby

Smash Master
1) Look at the stickies next time.

2) This has been known for a while.

3) You can't shield during the Spin Charge's charge. You can, however, shield after you've released Spin Charge from the air and have hit the ground.

4) Sonic users are usually encouraged to use this for mindgames.

5) Look at the stickies next time.

Shin Oni

Smash Rookie
NNID
FMAries
I apologize, I don't usually come to Smash Boards much and I did not see the sticker. I'm glad to know that this method was known, and I wasn't precise with this information.

Thanx for telling me that this was known though.

Top Bottom