• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spin jump

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Can someone explain to me how im supposed to do the spin jump from sonic?

the one used to recover?

I know is FowardB + something but i dont know how!

Sinz10

Smash Rookie
Just push Right/Left (what ever direction you need to go) and b, then hold whatever direction you need to move in. I'm not sure if thats what you meant, but thats how I recover as Sonic 0-o

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Can someone explain to me how im supposed to do the spin jump from sonic?

the one used to recover?

I know is FowardB + something but i dont know how!
I'm not the one who discovered it, but I amthe one doing it in omni's video so, at least how I managed to do it was:

charge a Forward B
release
IMMEDIATELY upon releasing, jump.

the timing is really tight... if you are to early, you'll just jump cancel your charge and will gain no horizontal distance... if you are too late, you'll just do a regular jump out of a spin dash with no super speed.

I was using forward B in the vid... but down B might be a viable alternative... whichever's easier, I'm not sure if down B works or not.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Down b works, I think it was Damax that said you need to charge it only once so in the air that might be better. But then again maybe not since the only way to recover from your down b would be using the spin shot so you're basically telegraphing your move to your opponent.

Just so we're clear on verbiage: Spin jump implies that all you're doing is jumping out of your spin by hitting a jump button.
Spin shot is jumping forward at a speed and angle otherwise impossible for Sonic.

Anyways, for more on this, go here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149891

spiderman621

Smash Cadet
So you just over B/Down B and right after releasing jump to go upwards but still have the travel from them spin?

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
yeh ham. I posted before damax about the double charge which was easier for ppl who were trying to learn the spinshot, and the single charge spinshot. check "sonic techniques" thread.

For air down-b is the simplest to time. for ground i used to have some difficulty timing the sideb method twinkle posted. U can release the analog stick while holding b and the release b and tap straight up and u will get it off. Yes the timing is crucial but once u get it it becomes natural almost over practice. down-b in air; u just down b hold, b for a sec, then release and quickly press up on analog. 5/5 times i can do the downb flawlessly, 4/5 the sideb on ground.

man i wish i had a digi cam or tv tuner to record.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Don't worry, it's just about speed. If you jump fast enough after releasing b you will do the jump correctly. If you don't want to use the control stick just use the jump button.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I normally use the jump button, but is the control stick faster?
either method is just as good. whatever you are more comfortable with. I've never gotten used to using buttons to jump though, so I do it with the control stick... when I do it at all... I mean it's not like sonic has trouble recovering anyway.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Not really, I'm just more used to using it since I initially believed I had to angle the control stick at a specific angle (ugh).

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
lol, so did i with sideb, actually i thought i had to press jump along with up on analog for sideb but after a few times prac'ing i got the timing down pat. Guess its wut us scientists do....experiment. "balls"

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yes.
It appears for down b you just need to wait for the glowing blue ring to appear around Sonic and you can release it. I'm not quite sure if that's the same point for side-b but let's just assume it is >_>

Top Bottom