• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spiking from high distances at low percentages

D

Deleted member

Is this even real? I was watching a Marth ditto tournament (forgot who played) on Fountain of Dreams and one of them did a small combo and spiked the other Marth HARD to the bottom of the stage. The Marth who was spiked had a low percentage. Is that possible or do my eyes decieve me?

A_Reverie

Smash Apprentice
At low percents, people can jump out of it and recover. You can cover this if you fast fall to chase them and hit them with something like a reverse Up-b. Even if you miss, you'll grab the ledge. Just be careful when chasing characters with mid-air jumps that are quick and cover a lot of vertical.

D

Deleted member

At low percents, people can jump out of it and recover. You can cover this if you fast fall to chase them and hit them with something like a reverse Up-b. Even if you miss, you'll grab the ledge. Just be careful when chasing characters with mid-air jumps that are quick and cover a lot of vertical.
Hm. I guess he forgot to recover.

A_Reverie

Smash Apprentice
Well, to be fair, he was spiked pretty hard.
He may not have had a jump. A stage like Yoshi's can kill you anyway, but most other stages are recoverable from a high spike with a jump and recovery from most characters except like Falco and Falcon.

D

Deleted member

He may not have had a jump. A stage like Yoshi's can kill you anyway, but most other stages are recoverable from a high spike with a jump and recovery from most characters except like Falco and Falcon.
Oh, I see now...

Top Bottom