• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speedrunning Thread

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
What are your favorite speedruns to watch? Do you speedrun anything? Post about speedrunning.

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
Flywrench is a cool and good speedrun. I also happen to run it, which means this statement isn't biased in any way, shape, or form; thanks for asking.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Funny TAS baseball men don't know what to do. It's out of this world. Oh? And what's this?
Funny TAS soccer men don't know what to do. It's out of this world.

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321

Hoshi wo Miru Hito is a game famous for being a shining example of an extremely awful Good game, but the speedrun for it really kicks it up to 11 in that regard. I think the RPG Limit Break 2019 run of it by dowolf is the best way to show this game off due to the presentation of the game and the chemistry between him and the people on the couch.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman

Hoshi wo Miru Hito is a game famous for being a shining example of an extremely awful Good game, but the speedrun for it really kicks it up to 11 in that regard. I think the RPG Limit Break 2019 run of it by dowolf is the best way to show this game off due to the presentation of the game and the chemistry between him and the people on the couch.
That dude confused the game and then the game confused me! Great post Lioncache. I'll be watching this video now.

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
I was actually into speedrunning before melee, got into it around 2013-2014, and it's funny to see how often the two hobbies intertwine. My biggest speedrunning accomplishment is discovering a lot of glitches and developing the speedrun for this game, Hercules The Legendary Journeys on N64.
But its such a big question thinking about my favorite speedruns. I'll see if I can come back and link some of my favorites over the years.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
I was actually into speedrunning before melee, got into it around 2013-2014, and it's funny to see how often the two hobbies intertwine. My biggest speedrunning accomplishment is discovering a lot of glitches and developing the speedrun for this game, Hercules The Legendary Journeys on N64.
But its such a big question thinking about my favorite speedruns. I'll see if I can come back and link some of my favorites over the years.
Cool stuff, tuck. I got into speedrunning before Melee as well, starting in 2012. I've routed a category or two for games and discovered a bunch of things here and there, but never fully made a game my own like you have with this. Very impressive

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
Cool stuff, tuck. I got into speedrunning before Melee as well, starting in 2012. I've routed a category or two for games and discovered a bunch of things here and there, but never fully made a game my own like you have with this. Very impressive
Thanks man. I've always wanted to make a glitch exhibition type video for Hercules, but never have. I'm away from my N64 at the moment, but I might be able to use clips I already have and make a video of it. I'll post it on this thread too if I make it, just to showcase what I discovered in the game.

I made a spreadsheet a while ago of the various glitches and stuff, with timestamped YT vids to show the glitches. Here's the spreadsheet. Theres more stuff than I could even fit in this screenshot, so take a look.
hercglitches.png

Top Bottom