• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spectator mode

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I'm not sure why, but a few patches back - the Wii U version done away with the autoplay of recorded matches, creating the inconvenience of having to press the start button to get out of the results screen quickly just to move on to the next match.

I admit, as someone without cable, watching Smash games is entertaining. I watched truly amazing games to one-sided slaughterfests - you can't always be thoroughly entertained. The 3DS version still autoplays but does anyone else wonder why they cut this in the Wii U version?

Edit: Yes, I find it inconvenient since I always lose my Wii remote and that I'm too far away from the console to use other controllers.

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
As long as you bet even just one piece of gold, you are guaranteed to be able to spectate two consecutive matches without intervention. I know it isn't the same as automatic continuous spectating, as it used to work in Brawl, but it is one such option.

What I miss most was the ability to win one third of the gold for betting on second place in "three-for-alls" on version 1.01 when the game was new. In some patch, they decided only to give out second place prizes in 4P free-for-alls, so now I never place bets on 3P matches unless a bonus chance is involved (or perhaps if all three players have 10x multipliers.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom