• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Specific Character Techniques?

Sanjuro333

Smash Cadet
Do you guys have any tricks you use while playing against certain characters?

One of my best matchups is against the spacies, due to their extremely gimpable recoveries. Hitting them with a dair or nair is just too easy. My only problem is against Wolf and getting past the cluster**** of lasers and sidesmashes he creates when you try to get near him.

Pit is also another problem character for me because of his recovery that rivals Metaknight. And of course, Marth is a problem for **** near everyone.

Neoteric

Smash Cadet
keep it in the air against wolf so you don't have to deal with his ridiculous range of his fsmash and if he is spamming lasers just make him come to you and then tornado him for lots of damage.

against olimar (who i know you didn't say you have trouble with, but i have used this tactic and done well against him), use dair or fair and keep him away from the edge with yours jumps and edgehog because his recovery doesn't work well against it.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
pit isn't a huge problem for meta knight in my experience.

on levels with ledges (in the case of battlefield, final, etc.) Pits recovery is very gimpable for a meta that knows what hes doing. it is important to capitalize on situations like this because of meta's inherent lack of *straight* killing power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCG8N7UCGOE

theres an example here at about 49 seconds in.

Sanjuro333

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if each slash from Meta Knight's "jab" brings back power to his other moves? Or would you have to repeatedly press A?

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I'm only guessing, but it would make sense that each hit counts as one move until he stops slashing, so each "jab" won't restore power to his other attacks.

I haven't played a good Marth, but I have played as him. He's fast and also has a sword, but his sword seems to be shorter than in melee, and he's not as fast as MK in the air.

As for lasers, simply fly over them. Fly low, though...basically just over them. And then come in with a Mach Tornado like Neo suggested or a fair/nair.

The most important tip against any player is to study their patterns and try to learn to predict when they'll use a fsmash or a laser, etc.

CaptainFalco30

Smash Cadet
Yes, each hit in a spam move like his jab helps with diminishing attack power/knockback. Mach Tornado and Drill Rush are the same. That's one big advantage MK gets, his few moves with power are easy to refresh so you don't have to save them. Dsmash, Tornado, and you're next Dsmash will handle things.

Top Bottom