• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Tech With Marth

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I've looked everywhere to see if this sequence of tech skill has a name and couldn't find one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VRHsO0d2U

(It's at 7:20, after the Ken Combo.) I'm sure you've probably seen it before.

I analyzed it and came up with this.

Dash -> SHFFL N-Air -> Quickly turn to face left -> Wavedash backwards -> Dash right -> Retreating B-Air on to the ledge

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Last edited:

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
That's what he is doing, yes. But what's the point? Why should this sequence require a name?
It doesn't require a name. I was looking to see if it had a name, so I could see if I was doing it wrong. (Since it doesn't look correct when I do that sequence.)

I guess I just need to keep grinding then. Thank you for replying!

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I wouldn't focus too much on that specific sequence (unless it's a fun method for you to get your general inputs cleaner).
Being able to perfectly control your facing, wavedashes and dash inputs after previous actions like aerials / dtilt is definitely super useful for Marth.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I wouldn't focus too much on that specific sequence (unless it's a fun method for you to get your general inputs cleaner).
Being able to perfectly control your facing, wavedashes and dash inputs after previous actions like aerials / dtilt is definitely super useful for Marth.
Yeah, I was going to use it to get cleaner inputs. Also so I had something stylish to spam after I KO'ed someone.

Thank you again!

Last edited:

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
And just like that, I stuck to my word.

"...I'm going to master this sequence."

Thank you to everyone for responding!

Last edited:

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
@ The Young Izzy Iz The Young Izzy Iz

I plan on coming out on the competitive scene in 3 years or so, but I'll look out for anybody rocking the "Silver" tag. IDK what mine's gonna end up being, I'm thinking Wannabe for the irony if I get really, really good.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I figured out that the only thing I was doing wrong was holding L for too long after the Wavedashes.

On a sidenote, @ FE_Hector FE_Hector you'll probably be in the competitive scene around the same time as me then!

@ FE_Hector FE_Hector @ The Young Izzy Iz The Young Izzy Iz Hopefully someday I'll be able to play against both of you!

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
@ AudioSilver AudioSilver

Awesome! I look forwards to it. Hopefully we can fight one day. Depending on how circumstances are, I'm hoping to attend EVO that summer. I'll just need to ensure I have the money to drive over there, really.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
@ FE_Hector FE_Hector

I'm very busy these days. Most often I'm available when tournaments are 1 hour to 30 minutes from starting. (Which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't 2-3 hours away. I'll probably free up around the 3 to 3 and 1/2 year range.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
@ AudioSilver AudioSilver

I've got 3 years of high school left, so I've gotta wait for that before being able to do tournaments that aren't local and on Saturdays (or occasionally late on a Sunday)

Top Bottom