• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

GOKU2.0

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=4959]Speak now or forever hold your peace![/drupal]

OK ok, this might sound illogical but do you people think CPU's can like copy data? For example when i first fought a lvl9 cpu it was easy to beat,but over time when i goid fight people online then later fight the cpus they actually get better especially when they are the character that someone online that i fought was. The cpu sometimes tries to play like that person, it sometimes be really tough to fight sometimes. Dont get me wrong i am a good smash player who trains to get better, but its something i noticed and was wondering if you guys noticed to.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No this isn't actually the case, the CPU will always react the same on any console.

You're just playing differently against CPUs after playing real opponents. Think about it this way, lv9s were easy to beat because despite their above average powershielding and whatever, they still move and attack in very obvious patterns that you would exploit. After playing an actual person who would constantly mix it up, your playstyle against that character now mirrors the general way one is supposed to approach that matchup.

Overall playing against a CPU like you would a human can often lead to poorer results against it because a CPU has certain advantages such as a much faster response time, but ultimately this is inconsequential because CPUs suck and do not actually help you further than just getting down some basics, and they definitely do not learn. Try doing stupid stuff like just jumping above them constantly with Kirby and using the stone attack.

You will probably **** the CPU, and it will never learn any better after 100 matches of it losing to the same tactic. Humans constantly shield or dodge the obvious attack if you're foolish enough to use it, the CPU does not learn this behaviour.

Blah blah

I post in yellow

I thought I read somewhere that CPUs do "learn," in the sense that although in general CPUs follow a fighting trend worldwide, they tend to differ from save to save.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I don't think so, wouldn't that **** up replays considering the CPU reacts in real time?

Or so I remember.

Teran: yeah, replays are just normal matches, but I'm guessing that there's a list of actions saved, and it's read and carried out. So that wouldn't necessarily mess replays up, because the CPU on the foreign console would just be acting on that set of actions. That's my guess anyway.

Top Bottom