• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spawn (Doc) vs Pipe (Fox) FD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Here's a match of me vs one of my friends. Comment/critique, thanks. Also, this is with good quality instead of my crappy video camera. I should be getting some more matches up vs him sometime this week however, the quality won't be nearly as good. Thanks for any coments in advance! :)

Here's the link:
1st match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLH8VoXAeiI&mode=related&search=
2nd match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V3AJe5VKN4

I didn't play as well in the 1st match as I did in the second, but meh. I made a few mistakes. I just have to get some warm-up before I record then I'm all set.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I hope you're okay with constructive criticism :)

How come you don't ever punch inbetween grabs? For me on FD, I punch during grabs more than I usually do on purpose to trick the opponent into DI'ing into a nastier and more reliable grab combo than what could be accomplished with a chainthrow. I saw that in most cases you just go for chainthrows, which the fox eventually got out of. Even in the 2nd match you didn't really capitalize on any one grab.
here are some generic combos I like to do when I know the opponent will DI (and which don't really work when the opponent doesn't)
low %, uthrow usmash (to grab if they don't DI the usmash properly, then go to mid)
mid %, uthrow uair dsmash
60-75%, uthrow uair fsmash.
high %, uthrow fair
I find these to be very useful against space pets. The 2nd and 3rd are really easy to do on FD and can lead to simple and quick KO's. It speeds up the process of chainthrows and tends to be much more reliable. And a lot sexier, too :)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Constructive criticism is excellent. Thanks a lot, eighteenspikes. That will really help my game. I wanted to post yesterday but my internet was being gay. I shall try it this week and post up some more vids using your advice. Thank you for taking time to actually comment and help! :D

ZK, :p We shall try our Sheik DK match soon.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I think smashboards was just having problems yesterday, it was going extremely slow for me.

Try to get a few that look like this:

:)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Can the Falco/Fox tech out of the fsmash/dsmash?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
the one above could have been teched out of because it was at 57% when the throw started. A dsmash would have been good if he continued to DI to the right, but he DI'ed left (kind of looks like down and left?), which made an fsmash the most viable finisher.
In general, unless the person is expecting the combo, the uair will probably make them flub the tech.

Here's one at a better percent... you can definitely see this one hits him out of midair:

Top Bottom