• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spam? Or Digital Freedom.

Stu R

Smash Cadet
Yes I admit that spam can be annoying. But there is a point where people are exerting their right to freedom of speech on the internet and it is automatically classified as spam just because an administrator does not agree with what someone as saying. I think the issue is particularity relevant in this form, where I have been given spam warnings form administrators simply for speaking freely. It is from that where I draw my conclusion that administrators on any form should not have the ability to ban, censor, or punish a user in any way shape or form.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You have the right to say what you want. However, like everything else in life, there are consequences to the things you say and do.

That said, we have rules here, and the rules are not in place to violate free speech, but rather to make the Smashboards experience better for the users at large.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
As someone who's been infracted for saying 'certain' things. This is not your website, if the owner has rules in place for spamming, censor dodging, or whatever. And you break those rules, expect to be infracted.

Stu R

Smash Cadet
As someone who's been infracted for saying 'certain' things. This is not your website, if the owner has rules in place for spamming, censor dodging, or whatever. And you break those rules, expect to be infracted.
Yeah, the United States isn't "my" country, it doesn't belong to me. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be granted my human right to free speech. It's too damn bad for them if I think Bayonetta shouldn't be banned.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Yeah, the United States isn't "my" country, it doesn't belong to me. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be granted my human right to free speech. It's too damn bad for them if I think Bayonetta shouldn't be banner.
If you're talking about a character and you get infracted I'll admit thats pretty dumb.

But if you posting **** pics or whatever and complaining about freedom of speech then that's even more retarted.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Freedom of speech doesn't apply here, it's a private site.

Edit: Taking a look at the warnings you got, I'm not going to put you on blast fully, but they were textbook spam lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom