• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U South Brooklyn Smash Weeklies

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
What's the good word everyone, it's Kubuu from Deadly Alliance.

I'm looking to start hosting weeklies at my house in South Brooklyn. My place can reasonably hold 20 - 30 people. I'm focusing on Smash for Wii U and am really looking to develop a sub community in South Brooklyn. I'm located on east 66th street and veterans ave, for those trying to map it out.

When I say South Brooklyn, I'm referring to:

Mill Basin, Bergen Beach, Marine Park, Georgetown, Midwood, Coney Island, Bensonhurst, Brighton Beach, etc. If it's a place in Brooklyn that you have to drive to get to, it's more than likely South Brooklyn.

I know that there are Smashfests/Local Tournaments In Queens/Parts of Manhattan and such, but I haven't seen much going on for the South Brooklyn area. If I am wrong, please inform me. I'd like this to be an alternative for people in South Brooklyn, instead of having to trek further north to Manhattan or Queens.

I'd also be charging a $10 venue fee to cover food and drinks for everyone as well as the unfortunate cost of electricity, etc. I also have custom smash items that I make which plan to give out as prizes. I'd honestly like to run 20 player round robins, winner take all, so I'll leave that idea out there for you all to think about.

If interested, please reply here or to catch me directly, send me a message at Facebook.com/Kubuu or Twitter @KwabenaAmpofo. Thanks.

Last edited:

avitron142

Smash Rookie
I replied to you via FB, I'm down.

Just curious, what version of smash is this for? I've only been playing SSB4...

Also, if you could specify which day of the week works for you that'd be great - I'm only in Brooklyn on Fridays.

Last edited:
Top Bottom