• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sour spot dash attack on can tips

Jmon101

Smash Cadet
Is there any trick to hitting the can with a sour spotted dash attack consistently? I often send the can the wrong way, and it messes with the flow of my games. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Blumiere

Professional Can Pilot
Lots and lots of practice is what it comes down to. Try to spend a couple hours working on only that and you'll get it.

It's also easier to do when the can is right at the ledge.

Jmon101

Smash Cadet
I have a way to do it pretty consistently.
I dash and press c-stick down.
I think it makes the timing a breeze, pretty much automatic.
Im confused. So, you CANcel your dash attack with a d tilt? What does inputting cstick down do exactly?

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Im confused. So, you CANcel your dash attack with a d tilt? What does inputting cstick down do exactly?
It does a dash attack lol
This way you don't have to worry about accidentally throwing out an forward smash. You can do the dash attack immediately. It's how people dash attack out of shield.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
The can's default distance after bringing it out is at the sourspot distance, that + ledge resets are both super easy and the only way you REALLY need to do them. Mainly because a can that is not fresh or completely at the ledge won't be going very high/far or in a good position usually anyway so being reverse shot isn't a huge deal.

Just get used to the timing for doing it off a fresh can. Do it away from the opponent to mess with them and don't screw up the DA timing.

Top Bottom