• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sound effect Mario from SSBM

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
I don't know where is request post is. So I hope someone can put me right place so I will remember next time. This is request for Mario sound effect from Super Smash Bros Melee. I like that sound than Brawl Version because it not really good sound defeat out stage like oooo-wow-hooooo! In SSBM, it more better sound effect for Mario. I don't know if someone have a code for change sound effect to SSBM version.

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
Wow! I never see that program before. Thank help me out. If it hard for me, I will ask you if I need help. Let me try myself if I understand myself how I do that.

Edit 1 - I have a problem with that problem. When I open it up and I click insert and it said brsar missing. Where I can find that? :/

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12371

I see you're new in those things, so I'll give a little bit of explanation.

smashbros_sound.brsar is the file where you have the definite most of the sounds. You CAN'T replace that file using file patch code - you have to use either Riivolution or WiiScrubber. Previewing that file in BrawlBox is pretty weird, so you'd better get SmashBox 0.57 to browse the brsar.

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
I always use Riivolution for Mario Kart Wii hack course. Well I will be back if I get other problem that I can't get through.

Edit 1 - Man I don't get it. When I click it on wave id, ot pop up and close the program itself. What I suppose to do? By the way, when I google, I saw your username on youtube and when I click it, you was remove it. How I can learn it?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
You have the help included. To insert a .sawnd, there is nothing more to do than clicking Insert .sawnd and selecting the .sawnd file.

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
Oh. I wish you still have your account on youtube so I can watch and see how to work.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Video tutorial for new Sawndz was never there, what was up was for pretty old version of Sawndz. And my youtube account is actually fine

Putting smashbros_sound.brsar in the same directory the program is, opening the program, clicking Insert .sawnd and selecting meleemario.sawnd is what you should try. Then tell me, where the problem occurs - I'll try to find a solution for you.

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
*groan* MY head is totally explode. :( I don't know if I am getting right or wrong. I load the SAWND and I put brsar in SAWND folder and I insert MeleeMario.sawnd and then some file data add on folder. Then I insert empty sound wave. I don't know I get right or not.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I load the SAWND and I put brsar in SAWND folder and I insert MeleeMario.sawnd
Yes, you're supposed to do that and that's where you should end.
and then some file data add on folder. Then I insert empty sound wave. I don't know I get right or not.
sawnd.sawnd file may appear, but it's normal and you shouldn't do anything about that.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
After the console program appears and it doesn't show any errors, you have inserted the sounds. Have you opened your brsar with Smashbox?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
You can preview your brsar to check if everything inserted correctly

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
Oh ok. So where I put brsar? Put in Riivolution folder? I just want make sure right spot. I just don't want mess up.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to mess up anything while using Riivolution. Where do you put the brsar is dependent on your xml file. Template requires you to put all the file in ssbb folder in the root of your SD card. If you're using an xml for past Gecko users, it will be in pf/sound/ folder (unlike music, which goes into pf/sound/strm/).

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
Ok. I will try it. If it not work or anything, I will let you know. I don't have Gecko account but I do have Gecko OS.

ShadowZX

Smash Rookie
No sound of mario

I give a test and I found xml file in this website. Hope this website is right for me to use xml file and I use Riivolution and give a test on SSBB for Mario sound in SSBM version sound. No luck. Did I go wrong? I do follow what u said.

Top Bottom