• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry if this is getting annoying to anyone/everyone

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
But i still can't tell if I'm doing the CG right. I'm sorry but i've heard it explained so many different ways. I.E. Dash to to R and then hit A. And i've heard Dash, canceled by shield then grab. Then i've heard one dash animation then shieldgrab. Honestly, i can't tell if i'm doing it right or not, but most of the time a lvl. 9 Ike on attack can get outta mine.

So can someone either explain to me in VERY much detail of the exact timing of everything every animation, or show me a video of it being done the right way in slow motion or something cuz i'm getting too confused.

Here's my main problem. When i do a "dash canceled with a shield grab" my shield doesn't even show up??? is that supposed to happen. I don't know. But i didn't think it was, so i started doing 1 dash animation, then right when the dash animation stops, shieldgrab. But it seems like it leaves the opponent w/ time to do jabs or roll. I'm so sick of not being able to do this cuz it's like DDD's main thing that sets him above the rest.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
D3's CG isn't the sole reason why he's great, but it's one of the factors. Try Bairs, Fairs, and Utilts.
TO CLARIFY : You can grab with a combination of R and A, or hitting A while holding R.

Ok. Now:
Grab > Down > Tap Control Stick to Dash > Hit and Hold R for a sec + A > Repeat.

I don't know how to exactly explain it, but maybe that'll help?

laird

Smash Apprentice
it really is NOT THAT HARD. In the time that you have been posting these threads, I went from not knowing how CG at all (I couldnt even dash>shieldcancel>grab) to having it down at least 3/4 of the time. JUST PRACTICE. If you need to figure out the animations and timings, do it in training mode at 1/4 time or something. Try it out against friends who understand the concept of DI. Get your (insert half-conscious being here) to hold down R and the control stick. IT IS NOT HARD, and frankly, a lot of the time a Bthrow or just a Dthrow to Ftilt is more useful anyways.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
it really is NOT THAT HARD. In the time that you have been posting these threads, I went from not knowing how CG at all (I couldnt even dash>shieldcancel>grab) to having it down at least 3/4 of the time. JUST PRACTICE. If you need to figure out the animations and timings, do it in training mode at 1/4 time or something. Try it out against friends who understand the concept of DI. Get your (insert half-conscious being here) to hold down R and the control stick. IT IS NOT HARD, and frankly, a lot of the time a Bthrow or just a Dthrow to Ftilt is more useful anyways.
well i'm sorry your such an expert, but no, i have to say dthrow to dthrow is the best, not dthrow to anything else, maybe for mindgames only, but not a bthrow or a dthrow to ftilt (unless you're gay and don't like to rack up more damage. Sorry, but i know more about DDD then you do so do me a favor and shut up kthx. I think i just found out what i was doing wrong anyways so thanks all you guys who aren't this guy.

laird

Smash Apprentice
well i'm sorry your such an expert, but no, i have to say dthrow to dthrow is the best, not dthrow to anything else, maybe for mindgames only, but not a bthrow or a dthrow to ftilt (unless you're gay and don't like to rack up more damage. Sorry, but i know more about DDD then you do so do me a favor and shut up kthx. I think i just found out what i was doing wrong anyways so thanks all you guys who aren't this guy.
did I actually say that Chaingrabbing wasn't useful? I'm sorry that you didn't find any of my tips useful, but I wasn't trying to be offensive. jeezzz...

and yes, you most certainly know a lot more about d3 than me.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
sorry, had a crappy day, so i pretty much bit at the first thing i saw. Yeah, i've got the CG down, i was doing it right a week ago, but then i got really confused.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
try using Z
Any reason for the sarcasm or do you just hate the world?

Anyway yes, Chaingrabbing.

Personally due to my Cube pads being bust completly, i'm currently on the sideways wiimote control system

Even atempting a chain grab on a wiimote = fail

But the best i can do to help is give you this video i found with a quick youtube search:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=23UyrHXK36A&feature=related

Hope its of help to you :)

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Any reason for the sarcasm or do you just hate the world?

Anyway yes, Chaingrabbing.

Personally due to my Cube pads being bust completly, i'm currently on the sideways wiimote control system

Even atempting a chain grab on a wiimote = fail

But the best i can do to help is give you this video i found with a quick youtube search:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=23UyrHXK36A&feature=related

Hope its of help to you :)
I actually did chaingrab with wiimote sideways... But my fingers hurt from quickly tapping the control pad crazy as hell and hitting the + button -_- I loled though

Dopey

Smash Lord
u kno more about ddd then him, but u make a thread asking how to downthrow to downthrow.....LOL

and how do u kno dthrow to dthrow is the best, you cant even do it LOLLLL

please play a different char ggkthxbyeLOL

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
u kno more about ddd then him, but u make a thread asking how to downthrow to downthrow.....LOL

and how do u kno dthrow to dthrow is the best, you cant even do it LOLLLL

please play a different char ggkthxbyeLOL
lol?

Nearly every DDD video has a dthrow combo somewhere, its a standard move.

gg k thx baii??

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
are you some kind of noob lol?

oh yea you are ROFL
wow, yes, i do know how to dthrow to dthrow, but apparently i was doing it wrong, but it worked most of the time w/ just dashing, it only didn't work on a couple of people w/ upBs w/ super armor at the start of it. And yes, i know more about DDD then you do also, so shut up kthx.

OK,, someone close this thread, i got the help i needed along time ago, and now idiots are just flaming here, stop posting.

and dopey, get a life

Dopey

Smash Lord
of course u kno more about ddd than me because u make threads about chaingrabbing LOLLLL

and whos this other noob tellin me to be constructive lol? go play this game plz and dont tell ppl not to post LOL

Top Bottom