• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoRay's Pokemon Battle Tournament Series! Sign up now!

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
SoRay's Pokemon Battle Tournament Series!!!

Okay so this a Pokemon Nintendo DS,Shoddy Battle, and Pokemon Online tournament series. I hope this will be successful and will try my best.

Rules:

1. Sleep Clause
    You can't use sleep inducing moves in opponent's Pokémon when there's another Pokémon in his/her team asleep. Yawn can't be used to PseudoHaze (make opponent switch) when there's another Pokémon asleep caused by you. When the asleep Pokémon awakes or faints, you're free to make another Pokémon of his/her team asleep. Sleeping being caused by Effect Spore or Rest are disconsidered from Sleep Clause.
    Species Clause
    You can't use two of the same Pokémon in a team.​
    Self-KO clause:

This clause covers two things. First, when you and your opponent have only one Pokémon left, if you use Explosion or Self-Destruct, you automatically lose. Also, if you use Destiny Bond, with your last Pokémon, and your opponents last Pokémon faints you, you still lose. This clause was made to stop matches from ending in a tie. Recoil moves (Brave Bird, Double-edge, etc.), however, are excluded from this rule.
    Evasion Clause
    You can't use moves that increases your evasion. Avoid the use of Acupressure, it has 1/7 chance to double your evasion.​
    OHKO Clause
    You are strictly prohibited of using OHKO moves. They are Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure and Sheer Cold.​

No Ubers (Unless an Uber tourney is voted upon)
    Uber Pokémon are overpowered Pokémon. Since these are "Standard Rules" you have to use the "Standard Pokémon".
    The current uber list:
    Arceus
    Darkrai
    Deoxys (all forms)
    Dialga
    Garchomp
    Giratina
    Giratina-O
    Groudon
    Ho-oh
    Kyogre
    Latios
    Lugia
    Manaphy
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Shaymin-S
    Wobbuffet and now also Salamence
  2. ***Note: In Standard Uber Battles, these Pokemon are allowed. In UU/NU battles, only Pokemon in the specific tier and below are allowed. This means you can use NU Pokemon on a UU team, but not UU Pokemon on a NU team. All other clauses are the same for a Standard battle that uses a different tier.​
  3. Evasion and One Hit Knock-Out (OHKO, or 1HKO) moves.
    These include:
    • Double Team
    • Minimize
    • Horn Drill
    • Fissure
    • Guillotine
    • Sheer Cold
    These moves are banned. If someone/I catch you using them you will be DQ'd.
  4. Poke-sav. Poke-sav may only be used LEGITLY.
  5. Games allowed: You must have one of the following games to enter: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver OR Pokemon Online OR Shoddy Battle. If you dont you cannot enter.
  6. Please try and be on time for the tourney so I dont have to DQ you.
  7. We will vote for tournament type on whether it should be: Uber, OU, or UU. Also voting on Single or Double Battle I will tally the votes on Thursday and the highest will be the tournament type for Friday at 7:00EST.
  8. You and your opponent will decide whether you would like to play on PO,Shoddy Battle, or on Pokemon DS games for the match.
  9. To chat with other competitors,have friendlies for pokemon battles,practice, and during tourney time come to this xat:http://xat.com/LilRayRayssmashinglair http://xat.com/LilRayRayssmashinglair http://xat.com/LilRayRayssmashinglair
  10. All sets are one win and then you move on btw. (1/2) Including Grand Finals,Winners Finals, and Losers Finals.
  11. All tournaments will be Double Elimination
  12. Have fun and no johns!

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Next Pokemon Tourney: 8/6/10= P1
Next Pokemon Tourney: 8/13/10= P2

Entrants for Pokemon Tourney1:
Ray Robo

Past tournaments:

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Thanks Knubs! :D Okay guys for this upcoming tourney I vote for OU Singles.

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
OU Singles I guess.

I won't participate unless you get rid of item clause though. It's a really stupid clause. I should be able to have more than one pokemon with leftovers. There is really no good reason for the items clause.

Riddle

Smash Lord
We have a waiting list for hosting tournaments (its stickied). We also currently have weekend tournaments. You may sign up to host a tournament in the tournament sticky but you will have to wait.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Oh I apologize. I didn't know about that. Sorry for the inconvienence everyone. Sorry.......I guess someone should just lock this thread or something.

Top Bottom