• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sopo/Sona vs Fast Fallers

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
This may be known already (or it might just be obvious) but I've found that a solo Ice Climber can perform a down throw chain grab on all of the fast falling characters till about 70% (this means before they can break out, no legal stage is big enough to do this without reaching the end at least once and having to regrab). Even if this is common knowledge I just wanted to point out how awesome it makes me feel to chain grab a Falco with just one IC and bring him from 0-70% :laugh:. It is great to see the face of your opponent when they think they are free from the chain grabby wrath of IC just because they took out Nana/Popo.

While I am on the topic of Falco, does anyone know a good way to recover when he knocks a solo IC off the edge? There is nothing more frustrating to use your second jump, and get hit by a lazer just at the start up so your solo squall gets you nowhere :(. Anyone got a tip (other than air dodging)?

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
for one, if he gets chained to 70, then he sucks. And what stage is long enough for that?

squall! Or if you think you can, just airdodge, and use your solo belay.

smaci92

Smash Lord
for your recovery question, have you tried using your second jump and immediately doing and uair? cause that gives some nice vertical height...

as for the dthrow thing...totally well known & nothing new lol

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
@kRaZyAzN: Uh, he CANNOT escape before 70%.

And yea, I figured it wasn't new, but its always nice to read what people have to say about things like this.

lain

Smash Master
vs Fast fallers meaning.... like 2 characters? only like... wolf and shiek get ***** by dthrows alone..

lain

Smash Master
MK can footstool you out of it (around 28-30%).

This is why if you're ever sopo dthrowing and your nana is far off, dthrow cg simply to stall so nana can get to you. At 26%, you can bthrow into nana after a single popo dthrow regrab and they cannot shake fast enough to get out (or at least, I've never experienced people doing it while mashing and making circles like mad lol)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Sarcasm on the internet is quite difficult to detect.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Seriously? None of you have done this? Play against a Falco and try it, as long as u have the timing on the forward rush figured out you can do it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Seriously? None of you have done this? Play against a Falco and try it, as long as u have the timing on the forward rush figured out you can do it.
Everyone in this thread knew this. Or they should have anyway.

Top Bottom