• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soooo... Sorry about that!

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=744]Soooo... Sorry about that! [/drupal]

I know I promised gameplay videos, photo diaries of me getting the game early, and more. Due to several issues with SD cards, my camera, and Nintendo getting a bit angry at me. I love the company and really want them to not hate me, and this will continue. I do have plenty of text to say, and speak I shall.

City Folk as a game isn't 100% revolutionary and seems to be more of a series of touch-ups and nips here alongside some tucks and brushing up there, but the touch-ups that were made have an immediate effect. The menu buttons don't appear unless pointed at, and this is actually a huge deal. AC on the Gamecube was more of an immersive experience because of the lack of screen clutter (HUD, meters, etc.), something that was tweaked with the DS version. Animal Crossing needs its screen, and the more the better. I like City Folk's return to that idea, because I personally hate small buttons that are omnipresent. I like my menus to appear when I want them to, not on their own time.

The graphics also got a nice facelift, retaining the same art style but still giving players the same lighting engines that were used with Super Mario Galaxy. Every shadow, detail, and model looks crisp, clean, and beautiful. In this current console generation, I have noticed too much stress placed on good graphics, which are required to be realistic for some godawful reason. Nintendo giving very good (if understated) graphics prove that Nintendo can do beautiful things with "inferior" hardware.

The only couple of flaws I have so far: I have no online, and therefore I cannot test Wii Speak, and there are little loading screens in between areas that normally wouldn't have them.

Minor flaws in an otherwise fantastic experience, and I can't wait to play it every single day.

Top Bottom