• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Up+b/Dair lag cancel?

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I'm not too sure if this has ever been posted before (I looked 4 pages back, and saw nothing). The idea is pretty obvious I think, though.

I guess I'll just make it simple!

If you do Sonic's up+b from the ground, and then land on it again, it will cancel any delay you have (and send you back up, of course).

But, when you first go up and DI a little away from the spring, you can Dair back onto it. (It's best if you can do it right at the peak of the spring-jump, too.)

Once you dair onto the spring, sonic gets 'teleported' back to the center of the spring, and begins his ascent. Right here, you can do the dair again, infact, if you spam dair he'll keep on doing it.

This is pretty interesting, because Dair has considerable knockback. But, spamming it so you barely move above the spring is useless. What I personally like to do is time it just right so sonic barely hits the edge of the spring, so I can get more distance above it. Pretty much creating a 'wall' of Dairs.

This can be used mostly as a mind-game trick thing, as no one would be crazy enough to try and jump in-between a spam of Dairs.

Oh, and the spring only lasts 5 seconds, and the fastest you can do it is about 1 and a half dairs every second (if you get no distance, that is.)

Well, yeah. That's it! I guess I could post a video later. Try it out for yourselves if you haven't already noticed it!

Edit: Oops, this was posted on a sticky! Oh well. :(

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Hmmmmmm, I suggest you do post a vid.....I am having trouble visualizing this.

edit: wait :dizzy: I know what your talking about, I do this occasionally just to F with people's heads (spamming dair right above a spring). As thats all its really good for.....not sure if it has been mentioned before, but I am certain most Sonic mainers on this board know about it.

Top Bottom