• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's stolen moves

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
Other than the Spin Dash and related moves that make up half of Sonic's moveset and his Spring Jump, almost all of his moves have animations that match that of another member of the cast.

Fsmash=DK's Giant punch
Utilt=C. Falcon's Usmash
Dtilt=C. Falcon's Dtilt
Fair=Pikachu's Fair
Bair=Samus' Bair
Dair=C. Falcon's Falcon kick
AAA Combo=Mario's AAA combo (sorta)

Anyone else notice this? And forgive me if I'm trolling.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
His Fair and Bair are better than the originals, and I think his Utilt does more damage than Falcon's usmash.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i think sonic is really the ultimate combination of all these moves + rediculous speed.

haha.

SONIC ARE TEH ULTIMATE WARRIORRRRR

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
you get sonic before wolf.... wolf stole sonic's ;)
Well...Wolf's a total ******* who stole Falco's Arwing and pawned it to buy a pimped-out landmaster. He also stole Peach's Dsmash and Mario's DownB, but no one knows where he's hiding them. So yeah, no surprise here.

Wavedashing, however, was stolen by Wario. Who promptly ate it.

EDIT

His Ftilt is a horse kick. It's kind of hard to explain, but it was one of his moves in Sonic the Fighters.

Tristan Darkshade

Smash Cadet
You can say this about plenty of people, really. I'm sure others have moves like these. Especially down air (Sheik, Zero Suit Samus)

I always thought of down air as a variation of Shadow's air attack in Sonic Battle (he rose up before zooming down). And I thought he also had a windup punch in Sonic the Fighters, though my memory is hazy.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Sonic's A combo = Ness' A combo.

Same thing with Pokemon Trainer.

Charizard's:

B = Bowser B.

B^: Wario B^.

B>: Kirby B>.

Squirtle's:

B: Mario BV.

B^: Mario's B^.

B>: Yoshi's B>.

Ivysaur's:

B^: Olimar's B^.

B>: Link's B>.

4thgte

Smash Rookie
I always thought Sonic's AAA came from a three hit combo in Sonic the fighters since thats exactly how he does the kick in that game.

As for the other moves... Yeah I have to agree alot of them look similar, except his dair looking like his air kick in Sonic battle.

Edit: Missed your post Tristan, yeah he does have a wind up punch in Sonic the fighters as well..

Zevox

Smash Lord
Almost every character has some overlap with others in their standard attacks. Neutral A combos and Nairs are similar among many characters, for instance. Captain Falcon and Samus have the same dash attack. Sheik, Sonic, and ZSS all have the same dair. Ike has Link's dair (except that his is a single thrust rather than a continuous one), d-tilt, and old fsmash (from the N64 game). There are just only so many ways to throw a punch, or kick, or attack with another part of your body or a weapon. Its unavoidable.

Zevox

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure sonic was a last second addition to the brawl. You can tell by the fact that obviously yes he does have alot of borrowed moves...but so do alot of other characters. I don't really think the programmers spent that much time on sonic, you can tell by the lack of detail and meticulous care they put into his moveset and character.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who thinks they just plopped some generic moves on sonic don't know where they got sonics moves FROM. If you watch the moves demo for sonic the fighters posted on the first page you can see that most of sonics A moves are taken directly from there.

DownA, up air, back air, and some throws are the only moves that sonic out right did not also use in Sonic the fighers.

Upsmash downsmash and Nair are very sonic in nature although he didn't use them in Sonic the figter exactly the same.

His B moves are pretty iconic of sonic in general. The only exception is the double up of his spin dash, but the move differs enough so that you can do the same move but have slightly different timing so as to throw off your target and use it slightly different.

Top Bottom