• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Special Moves

Nexus_of_Sanity

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else a little disappointed with some of Sonic's special moves?Actually, I was surprised how they barely managed to make 4 (with 2 identical ones). I thought Homing Attack would be his Up B, he'd have Bounce Bracelet for Down B, and ONLY ONE spin dash

rushdown

Smash Rookie
Coming from the school of Everyone is Special, I want to say that the Spin Dash and Spin Charge are different, I'm just not sure by how much. They look different. I think Spin Charge moves faster. Spin Dash has that hop at the beginning. I hope that in time the differences between them will become more pronounced. I doubt a man so driven to game design would intentionally include two identical moves on the same character.

The Homing Attack is really nice if you include it in your recovery repetoire, like the CPU. And the Spring is just awesome as both a recovery move, panic button, and attack (the spring can hit people).

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I thought that at first too, and to be honest I was depressed that Sonic didn't have a ring toss or something different for his forward-b, but trust me when I say that the more you play him the more appreciation you will have for the differences the attacks have.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
they used the old school sonic archtype. there wasn't much else they could do. However, if they make any changes for ssb4 (we can dream), I'd like to see ancient light as a b-down. other than that, it's all good. the move would work like dk's.

ChewyChase

Smash Cadet
LOL Hoping for Sonic to be styled after his SA2 person. . . oh god no that would have been messy, we can all dream for that? Yeah, right. I'm sorry but no that was some serious shame to the original character.

Spin Charge (vB) seems to be faster even faster than his run speed maybe. If you stop tapping B sonic will stop charging. While Spin Dash (<->B) moves you backwards if you hold B, and has a hop about the size of Sonic's SH at the beginning. If you let go of B, it does not stop the dash, it releases it. It also might have more knockback than spin charge. I haven't tested this extensively, but I noticed that today it was easier to combo into Uair off the top of the stage from spin dash over spin charge. Although I use spin charge sometimes instinctively because it feels more correct.

I'm okay with his B moves but what I really want now is a REAL spike/meteor instead of that lame dair he has. They made it useless, laggy, and it doesn't even cancel upwards momentum.

Top Bottom