• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Recovery- The Ultimate Mindgame?

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I had the day off of school yesterday so I decided to try out some of Sonic's moves. I realized that all of his moves looked the same in midair (A little slow on that one I know:chuckle:) and that this could help tremendously in recovery.

Side-B Special

On a ledge, I quickly pressed down on the left stick (initiating a fast fall), then jumped right a small bit and used Sonic's Side-B. Sonic does a little hop and quickly recovers on the stage. This move can then either be jump canceled and combo'd or simply be used as a device to run away and prevent edguarding.

Neutral-B Special

Repeat the same thing on the ledge, but instead of side-B use neutral-B. These moves look similar enough (In my opinion) to be used as somewhat of a recovery mindgame. This attack would produce more of a direct approach to the edgeguarder and hopefully knock him back, giving the Sonic player enough time to combo.

Down-B Special

This may sound like a bit of a strech, but fast falling less than usual and using Down-B for a head on assault still works. This tactic could be seen as a hell of a lot more predictable, but it could work. This move would be faster than side-B and it could be combo'd more easily.

If someone has already figured this out, I'm sorry for the large waste of time. :ohwell: If not, I'll try and get some videos of this and upload them to this thread. Please send feedback.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
More experienced players will cotton on to this pretty quickly.

Plus, there are usually safer ways of getting back to the stage, especially if you were sent away from the stage at a higher angle.

Top Bottom