• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's icon is his faceless head...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
what the balls? Why did they make his icon his head? I mean couldnt they think of a better icon than his freaking skull? Like...idk...a ring?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I had the same reaction but I dont give it much mind...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
. . . Because that's ALWAYS been his symbol? o_O

Besides, as a silhouette, you do realize that a ring would literally just be a circle, right?

burrito

Smash Lord
It's because it is the Sonic Team symbol. It's like how they used the Kojima Studios symbol for Snake. THey want to represent the companies.

D

Deleted member

IF sonic were a super hero with a suit, a cape and underwear on the outside of his tights , than that would be the symbol on his chest.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
OP you're a moron.

It's been Sonic's symbol since forever, and it's also the icon for SEGA Team, or something to that effect. Not only this, but you can easily recognize Sonic's head.

You fail.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
It was adopted as the Sonic Team logo after it was used in the logo for Sonic & Knuckles.

NO this doesn't mean Knuckles is going to be in the game, you morons. Before you EVEN START.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
It's because it is the Sonic Team symbol. It's like how they used the Kojima Studios symbol for Snake. THey want to represent the companies.
Granted, the FOXHOUND symbol also represents a major part of the Metal Gear games, but I guess so does Sonic's head for his games :laugh:

Personally I think a better icon would be a Chaos Emerald, but I suppose thats not as unique and would just look like a diamond.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
An emerald would be a decent 2nd choice, but yeah, it'll just look like a diamond. Nothing's more representing of the Sonic series than Sonic Team's logo. I had no doubt about Sonic's logo before he was revealed.

Edit: Come to think of it, they should have added a white/negative shade to his logo in Brawl, to make it look just like the logo above. Other logos like the Pokéball logo have a positive and a negative shade.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I'm just bothered sonic's eyes aren't in the symbol. Then it would be exactly like the sonic team logo

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
umm....hello? That's like the most recognizable icon that they could use to recognize Sonic.

Heat X

Smash Apprentice
because it's the sonic head they used, does it mean that other chars from sonic aren't gonna be in brawl?

burrito

Smash Lord
I think there would have been plenty of different choices for icon if they weren't using the symbol that represents the company.

Granted, the FOXHOUND symbol also represents a major part of the Metal Gear games, but I guess so does Sonic's head for his games :laugh:
Actually, this is the FOXHOUND symbol:

The Kojima Studios symbol also happens to be the FOX symbol, though, which isn't quite as important as the FOXHOUND symbol, but still is a part of the game.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
What's the best way to symbolize Sonic then his silhouette? Sure, they could of went with the cutting out the eyes, but Sakurai is classic. The Transparent Eye area is more of a New School look.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Here you are

At the time it was officially the symbol of the franchise or sonic team but you can see where they goot the symbol from.

because it's the sonic head they used, does it mean that other chars from sonic aren't gonna be in brawl?
Have you not read the before posts? That's silly chap. The icon has no effect on whether sonic's buddies will be in or not

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Sonic...blue hedgehog with spikes in his head. That's gotta be the first thing anyone sees and remembers. Plus everyone that posted b4 me is right, Sonic's head has been Sonic team's logo since Sonic and Knuckles.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
For goodness sake... the chances of other Sonic characters being in Brawl in the first place is ridiculously slim. This is not Super Sonic Bros.

Also, the only possible reason the eye area isn't shown is because the picture is too small, and it might look messy. Other than that... does it even matter?

New thought about his icon:
It may not be sonic's icon at all. Maybe they wanted the series as a whole to be recognized, not just sonic himself, opening the way for sonic items, stages, or even another character?
I know it's unlikely, but it is a possibility.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
what else would his symbol be guys, seriously
emerald-look like a diamon(Fail)
Ring- It's a freaking circle (fail)
sonic head- reconnized by all sonic fans (A+)

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
Here is my view on this whole thread:

A Ring: WTF?.......................Master Cheif is in Brawl?

Sonic's head: Oh, its sonic, going on the fact that it is his head.

trueBLUE

Smash Cadet
Yeah that was kinda stupid to say that its "strange" that sonic's symbol is his head.

do some research before posting next time.

Someone please close this topic on your way out would ya?

man some people sometimes. ::walks out the door shaking head in disgust::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom