• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic vs. the whole cast.

NNID
MasterHavik
Well,I have been using Sonic for a while,and I thought who can Sonic own.The characters I will cover will be C.Faclon,Marth(*** lol),Fox,MetaKnight,Gdof,DDD,and Ike.

I will start with C.Faclon.now,i have seen people saying that C.Faclon can own Sonic,and my response to that is,that you are very wrong.Ok,for starters,jsut becasue he don't got a alot of protiry doesn't make him better.What does Sonci have over C.Faclon? Well,he faster than him,and can out do him on the ground easly,but will have soem probelms in the air with him.But since C.Falcon is nerf like a water hoes,he doesn't stand much of a match against Sonic.

Next is Gdof,and what I haerd from Gdof's palyers is that all you have to do is shieldgrab Sonic,and you win.That a load of BS,if you ask me.How can someone like Godof who is slower than before,and has only 3 or 4 good moves.And most of his moves lag like a cat.Let see,what sonic has over him,well for starters his speed will easy keep Gdof guessing.And also his combos can easly rack up persent,and a quick K.O. He also has a better recovery than Gdof.In the end,Gdof isn't like his melee version where he was able to own some characters without not being fast.LOL,and people say his Bralw version is better than his Melee version what idots.

I will update this later,I'm going to bed BYE

I'm back again with Marth and Ike this time guys.

Well,let start with Marth guys.Now,in Brawl Marth has some his good stuff still there,right? But I think sonic will put a beatdown on Marth,becasue one Marth was tone down,and is not an overpowered *******.He lost a alot of his good stuff,and yes,I have played against good Marth's,but I still think Sonic can out do him in the air and ground.

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
...You spelled captain FALCON wrong almost every single time... Work on your grammar too. How can I reply to something I only half understand?

NNID
MasterHavik
Umm.dude it was late at night.Sorry,about the poor spelling I didn't care much anyway.Look,all I'm here for is to see who Sonic own,and who he has a hard time dealing with.So,let try to stay on topic please.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Supposedly Sonic, though I don't have any experience of this one really.
There is a matchups thread by the way in the Tactical Discussion section of Smashboards, and we already have a matchups thread for Sonic on the character section. I'd contribute towards that if I were you.

NNID
MasterHavik
Thanks,I will go do that right now,but I have seen soem of there match ups,and some are right,but others are just prue bull****.Like Zedla own Sonic BS or Cf own sonic even more bull****.Something like that.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Thanks,I will go do that right now,but I have seen soem of there match ups,and some are right,but others are just prue bull****.Like Zedla own Sonic BS or Cf own sonic even more bull****.Something like that.
I think you're reading it wrong. It says that Sonic beats both C.F. and Zelda.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I'm back again with Marth and Ike this time guys.

Well,let start with Marth guys.Now,in Brawl Marth has some his good stuff still there,right? But I think sonic will put a beatdown on Marth,becasue one Marth was tone down,and is not an overpowered *******.He lost a alot of his good stuff,and yes,I have played against good Marth's,but I still think Sonic can out do him in the air and ground.
Sonic vs. Marth is like...the new Kirby vs Marth (well not really, but you get the idea), too much priority for poor Sonic, and those tips still hurt.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
u r a psycopath

marth would pown sonic, im good with marth and ok with sonis and u must be smokin some bad stuff if you think that. all of marths moves are good, and he could abuse counter as much as he wanted insted of shielding.

p.s. learn to spell Captain Falcon

my mains

marth ike snake toon link and zero suit samus:mad::mad::mad::mad:

rahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I don't think vs marth is that bad of a matchup as people say it is. Marth's attacks are still a bit laggy and create a lot of openings. Grab/fair/dash attack mixups on approach and spin attacks to pressure him, just don't allow him to see through them. If he gets behind your shield with an aerial, do NOT purrsue him unless you dash attack out of shied.

Zelda ***** Sonic. Unlike Marth, she isn't forced to pressure you by using aerials. Instead she can just spam din's fire all day. Hard to edgeguard because of her recovery. She can get gimped by high uairs because of her poor priority below her in the air. Same could be said for Sonic though, her uair is deadly.

NNID
MasterHavik
Whatever,but I still hate Marth.But hell a good Sonic can beat a good Marth or the same way being said.I'm not trying to disrespect Marth's palyers,but I jsut hate the guy.And think you need to chill,ok? Well ca nyou give me the whoe list of people who can own Sonic.I say Falco,MK,toon Link,wario,and Lucario all can kick Sonic ***.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Whatever,but I still hate Marth.But hell a good Sonic can beat a good Marth or the same way being said.I'm not trying to disrespect Marth's palyers,but I jsut hate the guy.And think you need to chill,ok? Well ca nyou give me the whoe list of people who can own Sonic.I say Falco,MK,toon Link,wario,and Lucario all can kick Sonic ***.
Everyone hates Marth =). But sometimes you just have to suck it up and admit when old tiara boy has got you beaten (a friend of mine likes to play Marth vs my Yoshi, so I know the feeling)
If it makes you feel better Sonic could probably destroy Ganondorf (but then, so could everyone).

NNID
MasterHavik
Thanks,but do you think Ike can pwn sonic? I say no.Why? Casue he slow,a lot of his moves have a lot of start up time.And even those he kill at low percents,there one thing I do get the **** out of the way duh!!! It something call not getting hit.And thanks Frostbyte for giving me an explaining why Zedla own Sonic.I never saw it that way.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Marth is still annoyingly tough, but if I call it correctly, he's slower than Sonic in midair, and his weakness is his poor recovery. Don't follow him into the air unless it's over the edge for the gimp. His Dair is nasty, so don't let him see an Uair coming (That is to say, don't spam it.)

On the ground, use the shield and tilts liberally. But don't rely on them so much that you become predictable. Marth can punish predictability better than...well, pretty much anyone. Mix up a few short hop nairs, some homing attacks and some carefully applied dairs. And be careful with the Dsmash, he'll punish it.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Thanks,but do you think Ike can pwn sonic? I say no.Why? Casue he slow,a lot of his moves have a lot of start up time.And even those he kill at low percents,there one thing I do get the **** out of the way duh!!! It something call not getting hit.And thanks Frostbyte for giving me an explaining why Zedla own Sonic.I never saw it that way.
I think Ike vs Sonic would be kind of leaning towards Ike. It's kind of hard to gimp him because of his super armor on the up b. So most likely he'll be able to kill you faster than you can kill him. Yeah it's pretty easy to see most of his moves coming, but lets face it, Ike only needs a few lucky hits to kill Sonic, but Sonic has a tough time killing Ike without edge guarding. I guess you could gimp him if you could get him to use his forward b instead of his up b. I'll have to experiment with this one more.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ike owns Sonic. Ike's Jab >>> Sonic. It wins in priority, damage, knockback, and ties in speed with pretty much everything else Sonic can do.

Sonic is also easy for Ike to approach, since he doesn't have any good answer to Quick Draw.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Ike owns Sonic. Ike's Jab >>> Sonic. It wins in priority, damage, knockback, and ties in speed with pretty much everything else Sonic can do.
You can shield grab the jab combo, you could turn it to your advantage if he spams if too much. Or did you just mean the first hit? Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

NNID
MasterHavik
True,but he got the power and the knockback.But still all Sonic has to is to get hi moff the edge,and his u pis super armor u pb,but if you cna edgehog him it good bye.Sonic will have a hard time killing ike,becasue Ike has the kill moves to put Sonci away.but Sonic has a decent sidle,up b grimp,and my favotire combos= mindgames.And ZOMG Ike doesn't ties Sonic in speed,everyone know Ike not tha tfast.Ike also has the protiry over Sonic like almsot every other character in the game.I saying if you can take to the air with Ike then Sonic has the uppper hand,but on the ground it going to be tough.Almost all of his can kill you,which sucks for Sonic.The best thing to do would be to watch out for those type of moves.

NNID
MasterHavik
Sorry,for posting twice,but who win between Sonic and ZSS? I think Sonic has okay match ups with her.She has some pretty lame smashs,but I'm not sure who win this one.And if I can also state that Sonic has the speed and mindgames over ZSS.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
anybody have any tips with sonic vs zelda (me being sonic). zelda out prioritizes sonic with almost everything especially her fsmash and usmash. and sonic's gimping game is destroyed by her teleport. does anybody know if sonic's bair and fair go through her fsmash???

Browny

Smash Hater
I played a very good ZSS mainer (by mainer i mean she is the ONLY character he plays, ever) and it became pretty obvious all of ZSS's attempts to block my approaches consisted of her grab, dsmash and side, all of which leave her open for a short-hopped aerials / homing attack long enough. Shes nigh impossible to edgeguard since she can switch between tether recovery and her down-b jump so unless you KO into the walls you wont be getting any early kills.

however i think sonic has the advantage since ZSS's KO moves are limited and predictable. just like sonic she has very good u-air and b-air but on the ground her fsmash is pathetic, side b is better in every way and her dsmash looks pretty, but unless a wavedash is discovered, ZSS cant possibly space herself far enough away during the stun such that side-b gets a sweetspot hit. upsmash also has pretty low KO potential. since sonic is so quick and manouverable in the air thanks to spring and his d-air, youd have to be pretty dumb to get hit by ZSS's u-air or b-air. by this point ZSS has lost many of her strengths, since she completely owns floaty characters in the air, and heavy guys on the ground. but sonic is light enough to not be comboed and he is floaty to an extent, but impossible to juggle.

tl;dr
sonic has an advantage imo

NNID
MasterHavik
Thanks,for the post I never thought about it that way with Sonic vs. ZSS.So,what Sonic vs. Heavies like DDD,Boswer,Gdof,and samus.I think he own most of the heavies,but he going to have trouble agaisnt Snake.Becasue he play at a far and close up fight with Sonic.And let not forget he hard to grimp also

Top Bottom