• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Vs. Mario?

silverdahog53

Smash Rookie
Was wondering what the match up for this is? I play Mario, and depending on the Sonics playstyle, I can destroy,
or be destroyed. Any tips? Anything I'm missing? Thank you!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Nair and bair pretty much destroy a lot of his side b, down b, nB approaches. Fireballs force him to do stuff. I don't know what you know on the MU, and no vids ether so yea

RahZ

Smash Rookie
If youv'e played enough of sonic I tend to use bair/nair, weary of sonics recovery always as pretty easy to punish if hes been knocked to horizontal then pills and, Spaced FSmashs while rolling ususally catch them off! :)

Misinko

Smash Cadet
Here's the thing, Sonic's range sucks,Mario's is much better, you probably know this. Fireballs and grabbing are a good way to force him out of his spindash/spinmanuver, and put him in enough hit stun to connect a dash attack (I think you know some combos from there). Fireballs especially work in this situation. There's quite a few of Sonic's moves that have a lot of end frames (his up-tilt, his down smash, his dair, ext,) HOWEVER, at the same time, Sonic packs a lot of speed, and if you don't know how to get around that, you're in deep trouble. Sonic has a few moves that take priority over Mario's moves, and a couple of his moves cancel out a fire ball. Overall, if you know what you're doing as Mario, you shouldn't have too much of an issue taking Sonic out, contrary to what Turbo Tuesdays will tell you. However, you need to know how to deal with Sonic's tricks or else you're gonna get crushed.

Top Bottom