• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic V. Marth

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Is it just me or is Marth pretty hard play against with Sonic? I've had some trouble anyway, that sword of Marth's is just way to long and fast...IT SNEAKS UP ON ME! any advice?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
There's already a matchup thread here.

Best advice though.....pause and press L+R+A+Start. Choose a different character.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Use Ike or Snake or MetaKnight.

Marth is certainly a bad matchup for Sonic.

however if you insist on using Sonic I recommend that you play defensively.

There really isn't much you can do against Marth. There are few openings Sonic can punish.
Marth''s ground game is far better.
Marth's aerial game is far better as well.

You're grab game is somewhat better so I suppose you could use grabs.

I recommend using spin dash canceling so that you can instantly power shield and then grab Marth.Once you get Marth off the edge you will have a better advantage but its dangerous because his sword is so powerful.
Spring gimping is among your better options as is Fairing and because Marth's recovery is so poor, you do not necessarily need to damage Marth in order to KO him.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
alright thanks, hah, sorry, didnt mean to remake a thread...ill look for that one

NNID
MasterHavik
Nah, I'm saying even with both characters. Marth isn't all that hard for Sonic. he might have some awesome, but nothing impossbile to stop. Now, Sonic vs. Mk is another story that ends in a prue ownrage for Sonic. BTW I'm saying MK pwn Sonic badly.

Umby

Smash Master
Disjointed hitboxes = Sonic has trouble.

edit: to the above poster, I don't know what Marths you see play, but he's definitely a *****.

Browny

Smash Hater
drop springs on marths head the whole game. he will never catch you and you should eventually get him to 100% after 50 or so springs. then you can play normally.

Top Bottom