• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic tips?

Chief Chili

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChiefChili
3DS FC
4399-0356-3573
I used to play Sonic in Project M and when Sm4sh came out I was planning on maining him but he felt completely different but at the same time eerily familiar which threw me off and I sort of distanced myself from playing with him. Now I want to try and play him but I'm having trouble using him. To be more precise, his b moves are throwing me off.

Now I never really played him in Brawl so I don't know if this is how his b moves were like but I noticed some things. Homing attack doesn't seem to work the same way (as in Project M) and seems to not be good for recovery or off stage combat. Blast attack doesn't seem to exist. I can't seem to jump cancel side B or down b after turning around (maybe during skid animation?). I also can't seem to short hop out of spin dashes. I noticed that it is possible to hold b to charge side b and hop around which is interesting.

If anyone could give me some tips on how to use his b moves effectively that would be great. Namely when should I use side b and when should I use down b? Because to me it seems they're so similar.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
The main difference in use between the two spin attacks are that you can shield-cancel the side-B (so long as it's not fully charged). Use this to fake ppl out (side-B, shield, roll behind them)

I rarely use down-B simply cuz it's not as versatile. I typically only use it to mix things up a bit

Top Bottom