• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Superheroes (help me create the next great Sonic game!)

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
What is Sonic Superheroes?

Sonic Superheroes is a fictional Sonic game that DOESN'T focus on Sonic. He's still in the story and would be playable, but after replaying Sonic Frontiers (the base game), I think it's time to give the spotlight to his friends for a while.

Playable Characters

I thought of two gameplay styles: speed and combat.

Sonic (Speed)

Sonic would basically be part of the glue that brings the other stories together as one complete story. His individual story would be the shortest in the game at only five levels and not have too much impact on the plot. That said, his playstyle would be taken from Unleashed, Colors, and Generations, and he would be the only character to have boost that automatically refills. He would have only one boss battle at the end of his story.

Tails (Speed)

Tails would play like Sonic, but with his own unique move. His boost doesn't automatically refill, but he can fly. Tails can't ascend while flying, but he can still get over tricky gaps. He would have ten levels and two bosses.

Amy (Speed)

Amy would play like the last two, but she's the only character to have two unique moves, and they both come from Sonic Frontiers. Amy's first unique move is a triple jump, while everyone else would only have a single jump. Her second unique move is what the third jump transitions into: the card hover! While she's slowly descending, the cards would do damage to nearby enemies. Like Tails, she would have ten levels and two bosses.

Knuckles (Combat)

Knuckles wouldn't be a speedster like his friends. Instead, his levels are all about taking out enemies! While he doesn't move fast, he's one of two characters to have more attacks than just the homing attack. He can't boost, but he can glide and is the only character that can climb walls. Ten levels (closer in design to Mario levels), two bosses.

Rouge (Combat)

Finally, Rouge would be more geared to platforming and combat like Knuckles (she IS a super spy, after all) and shares most of his moves. The only exception is the wall climb, which is replaced by her own unique move. Using a device that looks like a scouter from the Dragon Ball series, Rouge can find hidden items! Ten (Mariolike) levels, two bosses.

Final Story

The final story would be five levels and one final boss. Each character has a level in the finale and you can do them in any order. Meanwhile, everyone EXCEPT Sonic goes super to take on the final boss!

Help Me!

I need your help to figure out the rest! You can suggest whatever you want. I'll be doing my part too and posting whatever I think would be a good idea! Finally, I know this game will never be made, but I just think this would be a cool idea. So much effort was put into the character writing in Frontiers, so it's time for them to steal the show. Have fun!

Last edited:

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
DLC: The Chaotix Expansion

Team Chaotix are back with their own stories! This expansion would have three new stories, each with five levels and one boss, as well as a final story shared between the three new characters.

Playable Characters

Espio (Speed)

Espio's unique move is invisibility! Enemies can't attack you if they don't see you! To activate it, you just need to press the jump button twice.

Charmy (Speed)

Charmy, like Tails, can fly, but also lacks the ability to ascend. Him and Tails are basically the same.

Vector (Combat)

Vector can't glide, but he can hover using a bubblegum bubble. He can also shoot explosive bubbles and musical notes out of his mouth! These abilities were last seen in Sonic Heroes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom