• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Side Smash Analysis

carneVal

Smash Rookie
This isn't as big as the meteor spike on the Dair, however this is something I've noticed in the past few games. Sonic's hitbox on his side smash is actually slightly deceiving. If an opponent falls into you from behind, you can actually hit them with the side smash. It also knocks them in the opposite direction from where you are facing (So behind you). I don't know how practical this would be, just an observation I've noticed.

If I can get video of it I'll update this post.

edit: Just got video, I'll post in a sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAh_hfGVFlM
At around 0:27

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It was like this in Brawl too.

For future reference, I recommend bringing these types of topics to our moveset analysis thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/guide-sonics-moveset-in-smash-4-3ds-wip.370892/

I'll also note while I'm here that Fsmash can still be stutter stepped and has a slight disjoint on it like it had in Brawl. The range on it is quite deceiving on all accounts and throws a lot of opponents off.

:093:

carneVal

Smash Rookie
My bad, new to the forums and not 100% accustomed to the navigation yet. I can take this down if you want, no need to clutter up the forum. I want to post a link, but unfortunately I'm under the 10 post limit. If there's already video on this then nvrm, but if you guys might want it for a thread I can send it in a pm.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
My bad, new to the forums and not 100% accustomed to the navigation yet. I can take this down if you want, no need to clutter up the forum. I want to post a link, but unfortunately I'm under the 10 post limit. If there's already video on this then nvrm, but if you guys might want it for a thread I can send it in a pm.
First off then, welcome to the boards!

Don't sweat it. This has been happening frequently and is to be expected with a new installment. A lot of people who aren't making the transition from Brawl to Sm4sh may not be aware of the nuances Sonic retained from Brawl. Hopefully at some point, the Moveset Analysis thread will include more specific hitbox data and things of that nature. You can update with your video if you'd like since you took the time to do so. Maybe it'll help some other newcomers to see it.

I guess all I can recommend is referring to stickied threads as much as possible, or going to related discussions or FAQs if you're ever uncertain of anything.

:093:

Top Bottom