• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic is really frustrating

EnjoyThat

Smash Rookie
I've been maining him and practicing 5-6 hours a day for the past week or so, but I just don't seem to making any progress. I've read the threads and done my best to impliment some of the tactics they've listed, but I just can't seem to beat anybody. My main problem with him is the fact that I feel I have to do so much more than I would with most characters just to get in and survive long enough to do damage. Intercepting people after they fall off has gone quite well though, and the thrill of jumping off the stage in pursuit, whilst having the tools to KO them that way, is really why I'm maining him to begin with.

I don't really know what else to say, I guess this is partially a request for some more advice and helpful tips, while also being a question of whether or not it's worth it. I -really- want to make him work and win on a consistant basis, but so far, it just isn't looking good.

Green & Watch

Smash Cadet
Check out my thread, I'll be updating it as often as I find useful tips for playing sonic.

It's near the bottom -_- But still, it'll help.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
The type of stage you're playing on can be really important in how you approach the fight. On a flat stage like Final Destination, approaching with aerials is not such a great idea. It will be difficult to land anything because a) dodging it will be easy and b) attacking through it will be even easier. However, on a level with platforms Sonic can attack much easier with an aerial and have it succeed consistently.

Oh, and if you're not using your side-b a lot you're doing something wrong.

Top Bottom