• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic hoverdash glitch

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I know that this is probably something a ton of people already know about, but here it is anyway. If you're in the stage builder, and you make a ramp by itself in midair, then if you use sonic's down -b up the slope, when he gets to the top, he will shift to a perfectly horizontal spindash, while floating in the air. If he hits an enemy during the hover, he teleports upward, I think about half the distance of his up-b.

Now, everyone probably knows about it already, but it doesn't have a name yet. I actually discovered it within the week I got the game (at the midnight release). Therefore, if no one else minds, I'd like to name it. It wil be called Hoverdashing. If anyone else disagrees, please remeber, I found it first, and I like the name Hoverdash.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
1. You have no proof you found it first.
2. Custom stages are glitchy, and won't be used in competitive play, so the technique will never be used.
3.Have fun naming a pointless glitch that has been discussed multiple times before and has videos of it already. No one cares.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Lol,and you talk aobut my spelling.
Who the hell are you talking about?
Your spelling is crap

I will start with C.Faclon.now,i have seen people saying that C.Faclon can own Sonic,and my response to that is,that you are very wrong.Ok,for starters,jsut becasue he don't got a alot of protiry doesn't make him better.What does Sonci have over C.Faclon? Well,he faster than him,and can out do him on the ground easly,but will have soem probelms in the air with him.But since C.Falcon is nerf like a water hoes,he doesn't stand much of a match against Sonic
WTF is that s***!?!

NNID
MasterHavik
Dude,you better chill.It was late at night,and I really didn't care that much.This why I don't like to post on this website.Still want to talk about my spelling,good sir?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Still doesn't give you the right to b**** about someone else's spelling. LOL you had to edit your post.....bad spelling much?

@ OP: You can call it whatever you want, just don't tell everyone else what to call it. I think this glitch was found BEFORE NA launch.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I already have this in the tech/glitch thread that's stickied. I called it an incline glitch, but I don't really care what we collectively name it. Maybe incline glitch was too literal I don't know.

Phoenix, I have a list of stages that you can do it on, some of which are stages that you most certainly will see in tournament play (Pokemon Stadium I for example).

J18

Smash Journeyman
Therefore, if no one else minds, I'd like to name it. It wil be called Hoverdashing. If anyone else disagrees, please remeber, I found it first, and I like the name Hoverdash.
how old are you, six?

this is way old, there are already threads that discuss it, no one really cares about the name, you have no proof you found it first, no one cares that you like the name hoverdash, you can't tell all of us what to call it, if you're proposing a name don't be a ***** about it, and yes, i do mind that you're naming it.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
how old are you, six?

this is way old, there are already threads that discuss it, no one really cares about the name, you have no proof you found it first, no one cares that you like the name hoverdash, you can't tell all of us what to call it, if you're proposing a name don't be a ***** about it, and yes, i do mind that you're naming it.
QFT.

10char

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Meh, hover-dash was a better name than the crap name I came up with. Air dashing sounds less sci-fi though, and I would like our names to be the the least nerdy sounding as possible. Hover-dash sounds like it belongs at a star-trek convention.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
You're complaining about Scifi names when you play a character whose games contain robots, genetic creations, werewolves, aliens, genies and genies who turn out to be aliens?

Seriously? XD

But yeah. The glitch has been known, deal with it.

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
Ok. I'm sorry to anyone I may have offended with that first post. I wasn't trying to be rude, I just noticed that the glitch had gotten around the internet, and wanted people to know that I had at least seen it before it was public. I know, I have no proof. I really just wanted to be able to be credited for something in smash. I didn't want much. Plus, I thought the name hoverdash fit it really well, because that's essentially what you're doing when you use it. I wasn't meaning to be offensive. I wasjust stating an opinion.

p.s. I do watch Sci-fi, but I didn't intend the name to reflect that.

/discussion

Top Bottom