• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Fake-Outs

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
So, I've been playing sonic a lot since I got him, and have taken to using his strikingly similar moves as a fake out. Is particular his Down Special, and his Down smash. I like doing the D-smash when the opponent is at a decent distance, then charging the D-Spec. Most people expect the D-Smash again, and by the time that they figure out what is happening, you've already hit them because hes so fast.

Another really basic one against some of the less-experienced players, is to dash at them, and dash away from them real quick, if they attempt an attack, i dash back with a dash attack, which often pops them up, putting them in a good position for an aerial assault

Anyway, besides sharing, I wanted to know if anyone has found any other good fake outs? Or some situation to use these in.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
I was playing against a friend of mine the other day who was using Dedede to my Sonic, and he caught on to my dashes almost right away, opening up his maw and swallowing me when I approached. So I decided to mix it up a bit and dashed at him, watching as he tried to suck me in again but instead I jumped at the last moment, sailing just over him, executing a B-Air and delivering a swift kick to the back of his head. He has yet to develop a defense from that.

I'm sure others will find much better uses and fake-outs then that, but I have to admit I was quite please with my last second improvisation.

Ryuuzaki

Smash Rookie
Use the left/right b and then in the first frames use shield or left/right shield. It will cause him to negate the left/right b and fake your opponent out. I'm pretty certain he has a few frames of invincibility during this.

Top Bottom