• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Boom Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245254

So, as a Sonic fan, of course I was interested in checking this show out. To my surprise, it's actually decently humorous. It incorporates mostly modern humor, just aimed at the younger side of the spectrum (it's a Cartoon Network show after all). It's akin to the original "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" show where each half hour is broken down in to two segments that are separated by continuity, however all of the episodes happen within the same "universe", the forthcoming games on both Wii U and 3DS are meant to be prequels to all events that occur in the show. It's essentially a comedy sitcom-esque show, so you have to drop any expectations of epic drama, plot twists, or anything you might expect from a show actually engineered for such things. In any case, here are the first two episodes in HD.

Episode 1

Episode 2

So how do you feel about the new Sonic universe? How do you feel about the show? Overall I'd say I've seen some pretty contrasting viewpoints. However, I do have something to say to the people who have been crying foul at this show as if it's stupid, cheesy, or the worst thing to ever happen to Sonic. This is not the first time Sonic has had a show of this nature. In fact, "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" were arguably cheesier and even more wacky and corny, and its humor was irrevocably aimed at children. At the very least Sonic Boom can be decently entertaining to even adults (on some points).

I'll probably keep watching it, as I'm still somewhat interested in the new Sonic design and the upcoming game.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonicgx101

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicgx101
3DS FC
1263-8019-2008
Glad to see a topic about this

As a long time Sonic fan, I actually enjoy watching this series (especially since it's now added to my Saturday morning lineup) and I find it way better than Sonic X

I always wanted to see a Sonic TV show that uses cgi anyway

Top Bottom