• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic alternate costume speculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Remember that Sonic was announced right before E for All, and was included in the demo at the last minute because of the fan's requests. They may or may not have had time to do all of the color changes that will be in the final game, or they may or may not WANT us to see all of the color variations for all of the characters.

It just doesn't make sense to have a slightly off blue hedgehog with red shoes being on the red team... You just wouldn't be able to tell them apart very readily in a 2 vs 2 of red vs blue.

Have you ever played a 2 vs 2 red vs blue with mario being on the blue team? You mistake him for a red team member all the time.

Pikachu works with the color change because his original fur color is not one of the standard red, blue, or green colors. He can get away with changed just his hat.

I think/hope that when the game finally launches, we will find out that Sonic's fur actually changes colors to Green, Red or Blue, and I hope he has two color palette swaps to make him look like Shadow and another to make him look like Silver. Total mapping for Shadow's and Silver's spikes wouldn't be necessary, just a simple color change to make Sonic black with red streaks, and silver with white streaks.

maxieman

Smash Ace
Im hoping for an amy skin

Amy fanboy's are hard to come by but when You meet one... you'll know...

AHHHH! A 5had0w 5k1n w0u1d b3 t0ta11y aw3s0m3!!!!
*Ahem* I'd rather not.
Well, Sonic changing colors for shoes and gloves is probably what will happen because he is the blue blur. If not, Dark Sonic from Sonic and the Secret Rings would be awesome and possibly an Ashura costume too, but that's unlikely.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
AHHHH! A 5had0w 5k1n w0u1d b3 t0ta11y aw3s0m3!!!!
*Ahem* I'd rather not

Well, Sonic changing colors for shoes and gloves is probably what will happen because he is the blue blur.
First off, Fox has a Wolf recolor, Diddy has a Dixie recolor, and Link has a Dark Link recolor. Why would a Shadow recolor be that far fetched?

And he might be the "blue blur," but Kirby is the "pink puffball," and he has all kinds of recolors. Most of which have NEVER been seen in an actual Kirby game whenever the first Smash Bros debuted. So a Green Kirby showing up in SSB would be the same as a green Sonic showing up in Brawl.

Amy would most probably not work as a Sonic recolor. She usually wields a hammer, and is not as fast as Sonic. The point of a recolor is that you could keep the original move set, and just change the skin color.

I'm noticing the lack of intelligence on these boards, though... No one has argued against my point of why different shades of blue would be confusing in 2 vs 2 red vs blue games. Instead, most replies are just "woo yay Amy" or "I hate shadow..." Depressing.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Im hoping for an amy skin

Amy fanboy's are hard to come by but when You meet one... you'll know...
Yeah. if you're not sure, say 'Sonic x Sally forever' out loud. Oh, and duck, just in case.

Anyway, the E-For-All videos did make it pretty difficult to tell which Sonic was which. (No, Tails! I'm the real Sonic! That one's the evil clone!). I see that as being something that will change before Febuary, since Sakurai alluded to Sonic not being totally complete for Brawl yet.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I'm noticing the lack of intelligence on these boards, though... No one has argued against my point of why different shades of blue would be confusing in 2 vs 2 red vs blue games. Instead, most replies are just "woo yay Amy" or "I hate shadow..." Depressing.
Yeah. . .That's the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase for you. But hey, we have our good points! We can survive the full brunt of Shadow the Hedgehog without hanging ourselves to death by the controller cord! How many other fanbases can do that?

maxieman

Smash Ace
First off, Fox has a Wolf recolor, Diddy has a Dixie recolor, and Link has a Dark Link recolor. Why would a Shadow recolor be that far fetched?

And he might be the "blue blur," but Kirby is the "pink puffball," and he has all kinds of recolors. Most of which have NEVER been seen in an actual Kirby game whenever the first Smash Bros debuted. So a Green Kirby showing up in SSB would be the same as a green Sonic showing up in Brawl.

Amy would most probably not work as a Sonic recolor. She usually wields a hammer, and is not as fast as Sonic. The point of a recolor is that you could keep the original move set, and just change the skin color.

you have a problem with Amy?

cause if so you have a problem with me

Well, it's not unlikely that sonic will have a shadow recolor, but I'd rather he doesn't because I really don't like shadow's character personally. It was a matter of aesthetics, not intelligence.
I do agree that it might be difficult at first to determine which Sonic is which, but at the end of the day, everyone will know which sonic is theirs if they aren't noobs to the game and have spent a good amount of time playing it. Once again a perception issue.
A color change would be nice, but then again, sonic is the blue blur, and I wouldn't prefer to have it any other way because the blue is classic as sonic himself.
@Bakemonky
Anyhow, you should be a little less judgemental. Otherwise you'll receive a lot of flame on these boards. And no, you are not the master of intelligence.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah.. He's definitely gonna change his fur color.

Red
Blue
Green
Black: SHADOW!!
Silver: SILVER
Darkspine Sonic

those are the color schemes I'd like to see. :)

Oh.. and just for the heck of it, a Yellow one too. (even though Super Sonic is a Final Smash)

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
It won't happen and rightfully shouldn't, but if Sonic was made to look like Metal Sonic when he grabbed the metal box..well, i wouldn't complain. Back on topic though, I think it's safe to assume Sonic's color changes will stand out enough to differentiate between players in team battles. Please stop this Silver skin for Sonic madness. Why would you possibly want any reminder to that horrible game? If he gets any full color change, it should be to green. Yes, a simple stupid glitch in Sonic 2 is worth more of a mention than a Silver skin.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It doesn't have to remind me of anything, though.

The character Silver looks cool, I never played his game, so I wouldn't know. :p

Just let there be the option to choose him. Those who liked him will choose it, those who don't will not.

But I do want a Shadow model, and a Darkspine Sonic one too. :p (though the latter is very unlikely)

maxieman

Smash Ace
I also think he should have a super sonic skin (a super sonic spin dash would look awesome) and his final smash would just make him sparkly or hyper sonic

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
^^^^^^^^

Exactly! ^^

A Metal Sonic skin could be nice too (considering they gave Metaknight a Dark appeal, and there's DArk Link)

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I'm still simply stoked that Sonic is in the game at all.

I think we will get some actual recolors before the game finishes up, if not, well whatever, Sonic's in Smash :D

As for a Shadow recolor, I can see it happening, his popularity is second only to Sonic in the series right now., and this game is nothing but fan-service...and while I'm not a fan of these craptacular 3D Sonic games (minus the first Adventure, dug that game) I have to admit I thought Shadow was kickass when they first showed him. I'm not saying I want it, I'm saying I'd tolerate it.

And Silver doesn't even deserve a color swap. I'm sorry but that next-gen Sonic game was absolute crap. The only reason I'm excited for Sonic is because he is in good hands and not that of Sonic Team (never thought I would ever say that ever)

So, well, **** Silver. **** him hard.

yay for Sonics of all the colors of the rainboooow! weeeooo!

...and again, **** Silver.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Why does everyone thinks Shadow should an alter costume for Sonic rather than a character?
Shadow is not a clone at all but Metal Sonic is

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
No... no more about shadow being a playable character.... he just won't be.
The most you can hope for is a color swap so sonic looks like him, he won't be playable.
What makes you so sure about that?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Shadow would be good.Amy not as likeyly but would be awesome.Silver,meh.Ashura would be god-like.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well... I'm not that fan of Silver anyway. :p

But I agree, if there's a second Sonic character who deserves to be in, it's Tails. Screw the bada**es, in Japan, Pwnage comes in one flavor: CUTE.

Ok, but that's not the reason I want him in... I want him in because he was always of help. Ever since Sonic 2, more than once he saved me from accidentally running into a bandik with 0 rings, by destroying him first (accidentally of course, but whatever :p)

I hated his Sonic Adventure 2 contribution, but I loved his skills in Sonic Battle, and the mere fact that he challenged SHADOW in the 3rd ark of Sonic X is more than enough for him to earn my respect!

Here's the chance for Tails to surpass his hero. :)

But if he doesn'e make it in... no worries, we got Sonic, and Tails might be an AT.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
As far as alternate costumes/colors for Sonic go, these are my guesses:

Orange Suit that was his Alt costume in the SA2:B VS Mode.
Silver Sonic (No, not Silver, and not Metal Sonic. This is Silver Sonic who look totally awsome in Brawl.)
Black Fur [Shadow] (I hope not but it's likely, since Fox has Wolf's clothes and Sega might want Shadow represented...)
Green Fur [Ashura] (This would rock, hard.)
Red Fur

I also think his goggles from Sonic Riders might show up, similar to how the Pokemon have subtle changes with hats and ribbons.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
As long as that ***goty bird doesn't show up as an alternate costume, I'm alright. Boy, Jason Griffith really shows range! Could that ***got sound any more like Sonic when he did Jet?

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
Actually I thought Jet sounded like a cross between Sonic and Usopp from the original One Piece dub xD

But we're getting off topic :p

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
What makes me so sure is that I can't see them letting another person from the sonic series in the game. At least not if it isn't Tails :laugh:
I'm not sure about everywhere else, but Tails is not the most popular here. Maybe in Japan, but not here. I doubt seriously that Sakurai will look at who's popular in just Japan, but who's popular overall.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Ok. Seriously guys.

Umm first of all, if you look on youtube you can find a video of people at E for All clearly playing as sonic in a black recolor. He looks almost identical to Shadow in that. Second of all. I'm so annoyed at people constantly going like, "Oh Sonic's in Brawl, so every stinkin' character in the game HAS to make it in.". Seriously. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if brawl had more sonic characters, but seriously, that is never going to happen. And thirdly, for those of you who are annoyed at Sonic being in Brawl, or the certain alternate costume that you don't like. THEY'RE JUST OPTIONS PEOPLE! You could never play Sonic at all if you wanted to. Besides if you hated him so much, then Sonic in brawl would have an upside. Playing as your favorite character and putting a cpu Sonic on lvl 1. Think of it.:cool:

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Umm first of all, if you look on youtube you can find a video of people at E for All clearly playing as sonic in a black recolor. He looks almost identical to Shadow in that.
That's a huge negative. I have watched this video MANY times, and his recolor is the same "darkened blue re-color" but not a full pallette swap. The level is also very dark, with little lighting and it creates lots of shadows. EVERY character appears dark in that video.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
There's the possibility of actual Sonic recolors, and the recolors at E for All were just made just for the demo, like they didn't have enough time to make his recolors. Plus, Shadow's quills are red-tipped, so a Black Sonic wouldn't work.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
It would if you wanted to get close enough. Wario has purple "w"s on his gloves, but in the Wario palette for Mario, his gloves were normal. It only has to slightly resemble the character, otherwise they may as well go off and make that character all together.

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
Blue team- Sonic Green team- Jet red team- Shadow

of course shadow is black and that might cause problems but i Really dont want just sonic's fur to color change

:hunger:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
If you see videos, you will see that as of now, the skin does not turn green, red, etc. But supposedly the bracelets/shoes change distinct colors. Please do media research, since this thread was created at least two weeks after E for All.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom