• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Somewhat helpful

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
I know I find myself doing a lot of dash usmashes w/ pikachu for an easy thunder combo kill. But just recentlly figuring out that for every character I've tried, and i've tried a lot. You can dash, do your dash attack, then cancel the dashattack with an upsmash. The easiest way to do this is to make Z an attack button. You dash, hit the C-stick down, and as fast as you can, hit/hold upZ, or up A or whatever your attack button is. Doing it w/ Pikachu is very hard. You have to do it super fast for it to work. You can tell if it works because it makes a different noise.

The reason I bring this up, is that it gives you a little bit more range, and you can charge it for a little bit.

The most useful thing (once you get the spacing down) is to do one dash animation, then cstick down, canceled to an upsmash. It covers a good amount of ground in very little time.

Overall, it is a lot harder to perform than a regular dash canceled upsmash, hyphen smash is what it's called i think, but there is a greater knockback since there's more time to charge it before reaching your opponent, and it covers more ground.

This is really fun w/ sheik, don't know why i said that, but she slides insanely far if performed right, as does snake and a few other characters.

Top Bottom