• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something wrong with my emulator...

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
... and I have no idea what's going on.

Just had my computer set back to factory setting today and re-downloaded the client and ROM. Everything was working fine and I set it up correctly, but when the emulator starts I can't click out of it to chat or drop the game/start up a new game. I have to use Ctrl + Alt+ Delete every single time I wanna get out of a game and I have no idea why. Any idea what's going on here?

Also, I deleted and re-downloaded the client a couple times with nothing happening, so that's out of the picture.

Thanks for any future responses,
Basic

Annex

Smash Ace
Get the pj64kve killerOP. I think it's in the index
It's just a small exe that closes everything and then restarts the emulator. Put it in the pj64 directory and then make a shortcut of it to put wherever you want

Also, for small questions post in the ask a question thread

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

Just had my computer set back to factory setting today and re-downloaded the client and ROM. Everything was working fine and I set it up correctly, but when the emulator starts I can't click out of it to chat or drop the game/start up a new game. I have to use Ctrl + Alt+ Delete every single time I wanna get out of a game and I have no idea why. Any idea what's going on here?

Also, I deleted and re-downloaded the client a couple times with nothing happening, so that's out of the picture.

Basic
There is an odd little setting in project 64k that loads the game in a windowed full screen mode. Is it in full screen? Also just confirming that even out of Kailera, you can't stop the game by going to "End Emulation?"

Which GFX plugin are you using/what are your settings?

Last edited:

ThaiFlowsion

Smash Rookie

Basic
There is an odd little setting in project 64k that loads the game in a windowed full screen mode. Is it in full screen? Also just confirming that even out of Kailera, you can't stop the game by going to "End Emulation?"

Which GFX plugin are you using/what are your settings?
KoRoBeNiKi is more than likely right. In some cases depending upon how you modified the settings, it will go straight to full screen as soon as you launch the rom. Not only that, but it won't actually display the actual "Full Screen" in some occurrences. So it may display a smaller sized window and leave the rest of the screen transparent. On my computer it would launch the full screen mode, and then lock up everything. It might have been because I never registered the mouse any input controls, I honestly cant remember what the deal used to be. Anyways my only option was to exit was on the task manager. Your best bet is to fiddle with your settings until you get it to function properly, that or re-install it.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Also, JaimeHR has a Project 64k Killer that causes PJ64K to shut itself down. It's in the index.

I recommend downloading it while troubleshooting

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

Basic
ok so i had this EXACT problem a few weeks ago when i got a new computer. The only way i could end the emulation was cntrl+alt+delete. Turns out the problem was i had the mouse left click mapped to one of the controls in game so this bacically screwed everything. I had the mouse left click mapped to player 2 controls even tho i was plugged into port 1 so it was really sneaky. Go into options ->configure controller plugin and make sure u don't have something similiar going on and check all 4 ports!

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys I resolved this problem about 2 weeks ago, I appreciate all the replies and help.

Top Bottom