• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something weird with my Wi-fi - need help please!

SuPeRS0NiC

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am brazilian, I have a 1 Mbps connection that is distributed by the wireless modem to my pc and my Wii, my modem is a D-Link 521.

I have already played with some people from this site and I have found little lag. I was able to fix it, however I am dealing right now with something really weird, a friend of mine (brazilian - same city) recently bought a wii lan adapter, we tried playing with each other imediatly, unfortunatly we found an INSANE LAG with no possibility of brawling, what is most curious is that his internet connection is of 2 Mpbs....

Does that have anything to do about we both being from Brazil? Do we need an american to create a room for us in order to reduce the lag? If not, what's going on?

Thanks for helping me with my little problem.

Ps: I have already use the DMZ system and selected channel 11 ( the highest).

Top Bottom