• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something weird that happened to me on Final Destination

Fonix

Smash Cadet
I have not been able to duplicate this first of all, and unfortunately I don't have a video of it. However I'll describe it, and maybe someone else can either duplicate, or tell me if they've pulled this off before too.

I was playing on Final Destination against a game and watch. He knocked me into the air, and I was coming down out of the air with a quickdraw. I held b as long as I could so that I would come down across the stage away from him. When I did, I held sideways and b, and I swear Ike did a glide and went upwards a little.

After the match I tried duplicating it on Hyrule in training since it was the only level I could think of where I could get the height to try and duplicate it again. I wasn't successful at it. I'm trying to figure out of it was just a one time glitch, a side effect of the level, or if game and watch did something below me to maybe push me upwards without hitting me. Wish the match would have been shorter or I could have saved the replay.

inl

Smash Rookie
it was G&W's up air, it has a wind property thats sends you upward when he uses it. Thats that it was im like 99% sure.

Fonix

Smash Cadet
Obviously I didn't read on Game and Watch enough. That's why I asked though. I didn't figure I'd found anything new or useful especially since I couldn't duplicate. Thanks for the quick response.

Top Bottom