• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something weird happened online in 1 on 1 For Glory

Masked Deity

Smash Rookie
Yo guys. Pretty new here so if theres some unspoken rule or something sorry. Anyways something weird happened in For Glory one on one and I wanted to know if this happened to anyone else. So I went on For Glory 1 on 1 on Wii U. I played a few matches with a guy and I decided to go Doctor Mario. You know how when you wait for your opponent online, you go to a waiting room of sorts? Like it has the stage you'll play next on and a Com opponent that's the same character as you? Yeah well the stage I was going to play on wasn't a normal stage. When it started up, the stage had a modern home as a background. Like the fancy rich people's home that looks super nice and stuff. As for the "stage" it was this white thing that took up half the screen. I think it was a sofa or couch pillow due to the textures making it look like that. Also it had no collision so me and the com kept dying. When my opponent actually finished the match started. It plays the "3..2..1.." thing and we both spawn exactly in the same place (he was Kirby by thw way). When it says "GO!" the match instantly ends due to an error. I hit okay, and it instantly boots me back to the online screen. I tried to see if that was a test or dummy stage on The Cutting Room Floor, and two Smash wikis. I didn't find anything. So I come to you guys. First off, has anyone experienced something like this? Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to look into the Smash game files because I can not find jack about it and I kinda need some evidence to prove I didn't have some weird fever dream, imagining it all in my head.

Last edited:

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
I might be a bit late but ... I think this link has a picture of the living room you are talking : http://gamebanana.com/maps/190723

I already saw this stage on a video about Smash 4 secrets but I can't refind it, collisions were enabled.
In fact, it's a unused stage that had a purpose during the game development, it allowed to test some basic things as collisions, visual effects etc... It's a bit as the café picture that appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Normally, this stage shouldn't be accessible, only by mods, it's possible that one of your opponent did something to make you appear in this particular stage.
It already happen to me in For Fun, I could meet someone, all the time, he could choose the stage he wanted as the All-Star Rest Stage, the Home-Run Stage and even this living room. But, as there were no collisions, it was unplayable, and the game was interrupted by desynchronisation. I could even saw some people choosing their miis, but the game was interrupted after a while.

It makes me thing that I should upload a video of this modder, he also could trigger the T-Pose for Kirby, each time he was using a Neutral B ability.

Masked Deity

Smash Rookie
I might be a bit late but ... I think this link has a picture of the living room you are talking : http://gamebanana.com/maps/190723

I already saw this stage on a video about Smash 4 secrets but I can't refind it, collisions were enabled.
In fact, it's a unused stage that had a purpose during the game development, it allowed to test some basic things as collisions, visual effects etc... It's a bit as the café picture that appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Normally, this stage shouldn't be accessible, only by mods, it's possible that one of your opponent did something to make you appear in this particular stage.
It already happen to me in For Fun, I could meet someone, all the time, he could choose the stage he wanted as the All-Star Rest Stage, the Home-Run Stage and even this living room. But, as there were no collisions, it was unplayable, and the game was interrupted by desynchronisation. I could even saw some people choosing their miis, but the game was interrupted after a while.

It makes me thing that I should upload a video of this modder, he also could trigger the T-Pose for Kirby, each time he was using a Neutral B ability.
I'll be honest, I didn't think anyone would actually respond. The only stage that looks like a living room in the link you showed wasn't the one I encountered. The yeah, the stage had no collision what so ever. I can't seem to find heads or tails of an unused stage that looks similar to what I saw (Granted this was a while ago so maybe someone found it by now) but what you said about them triggering the stage somehow (probably modding) is probably what happened. Also I'm not quite sure what the Kirby T pose glitch is. Is it possible it somehow triggered the stage?

Top Bottom