• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something very important to take into consideration...

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141977

Yes...Ike is an absolute powerhouse, but even so, the last thing we need are his attacks not KO'ing as well because they are abused. I know this can spawn several questions and statements, such as "Ike really isn't able to spam fsmash/fair/bair etc to be effective", and I believe this to be very true. I know it has to be mixed up, but this brings up a LOT of possibilities.

For instance, and forgive me, for I can really word some things terribly at times, but his AAA combo, and any and all jab cancel variants. It'll be used a lot, I'm more than sure. I don't know if using his other attacks will count enough to reset the damage and knock back counter for his AAA combo, but either way...the fact that the knockback COULD be lessened I think could be an absolutely GREAT thing in certain situations. Hopefully you're getting the same idea as me, but this definitely something that will need to be looked into more, and not just thought about once and discarded.

(Hope I made sense...:urg:)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
You mean that weaker attacks with less knockback can keep the opponents on their toes and damage them, while leaving them open for a more powerful attack?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yea u make sense i read that thread too

but there is so many GOOD KOing moves
ill be useing quick draw a lot but i no its not a KOing move
3 smash 2 tilts 4 arieals 1 special move and AAA
and with doing many fairs bairs and nairs combined with side b and AAA i think well be safe whether it takes a long time for dmg and knockback to be reseted or not it only took like 3 other moves in SSBM for lets say fsmash to be reseted

but well have to look into this more to come to an understanding tho....

Betaz

Smash Ace
That thread also states that the attacks actually have to hit for this effect to take place...Ike is a powerhouse...
If his attacks hit your dead...also when you die the effect is reset so there is no need to worry

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I know, but it never hurt to consider. I think it can honestly help a bunch though, in theory, with his AAA approach.

Edit: Warlock*G, that's more or less what I meant, yea.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
AAA is not used as an approach. It is primarily used to defend yourself, open up space to get your oponent out of your face. It generally isn't good to approach with it because you have so many other better options than this. Your aerials, tilts, b moves will make up your approach. Using the weaker more combo ability moves to set up for the finishing blow is what you want.

Thats the point of this diminishing damage thing, you want to use weakened moves that are strong enough to leave hit stun on the opponent to proceed to combo. AAA doesn't really count, because it is an autocombo. I believe it could start a combo by defending yourself because the last hit hits the opponent away I think. However, it is not a good approach.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I really worded it wrong. I know it's not an approach and I shouldn't have worded like that, but what's it matter? Excuses are just going to make me look stupid.

Either way, yes, AAA sends the person flying away, but that's why there is jab-canceling...My whole idea is using the cancel, hoping it's knockback is diminished, and leading into something from there.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Either way, yes, AAA sends the person flying away, but that's why there is jab-canceling...My whole idea is using the cancel, hoping it's knockback is diminished, and leading into something from there.
I can tell you for fact that the jab cancel into Quick Draw works and works well. People I was playing with were like "WTF?" :laugh:

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I can tell you for fact that the jab cancel into Quick Draw works and works well. People I was playing with were like "WTF?" :laugh:
I was actually wondering if that worked and had my doubts, since it had a second of start up time or whatnot(not too sure) and didn't know if it'd connect or not. Thanks a bunch.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
This kind of game mechanic will benefit heavy hitters. Ike has about 10 moves he can KO with. At earlier percentages, lower knockback actually gives Ike a chance to combo.

Needless to say, if a character has one powerful move that is difinitive for KOing aswell as general attacking (IE, Shieks F-air in SSBM, or foxes U-air in SSBM), then that character will suffer more severely.

And lets not forget, something that hurts both players, but hurts one player less, is still an advantage.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yea lets see

ftilt, dtilt, all 3 smashes, eruption, dair, fair, bair , uair, counter, AAA

12 KOing moves out of a total of 16 moves and it resets after 10 moves....i think were good

AND a stategy to weaken moves to combo with and save others to KO

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Not just that, I've killed with Quick Draw, Aether, Nair, and Uptilt too. xD

Betaz

Smash Ace
Ya how about we Say Ike can just kill with every move he has at a reasonable %.....except for throws...maybe>_>

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
THE HELL!!!!!!! thats all 16 moves ZAR....hmmmmm never saw nair used that much...

Top Bottom