• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something that bothers me...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
We have 5 playable female characters. Peach, Zelda, Samus, ZSS and Sheik. (I don't can't Nana cause I just see the IC as an overall gender neutral character)

Now, hear me out:

4 out of 5 female characters are transforming characters.
2 out of 5 female characters are Princess Zelda
2 out of 5 female characters are Samus Aran
2 out of 5 female characters are just characters we'd already have, in a skin thight suit.

Oh yeah, and 2 out of 5 are Princesses.

Interesting, huh?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
So basically you're looking for a non-transforming female that is not a princess and doesn't wear skin tight clothes?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think there is a Mona thread somewhere but I agree I would like to see Mona, she would be a great character who doesn't transform and isn't a princess and doesn't wear skin tight clothes. Although I don't know what to think of the cheerleader uniform though.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hmm... Well, if that's the case you could have Micaiah, Bubbles, Lip (or is she a princess?), Captain Syrup, uh.. Jody Summer (well, shes in a skin tight suit lol).. Ayra? I think Micaiahs probably the most likely of all of those characters.. maybe Lip.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
so in a sense their are only three female characters (maybe 4 if you think that rumor of Krystal's voice actor doing her voice for brawl is true), and they fit between only two stereotypes the "hot girl" and the "princess". Is anyone else not impressed of Sakurai's choices of female characters?

courte

Smash Lord
ashley > mona

this is the part when they say ashley is "doubtful or unlikely"

i refuse to say that word for no other reason than
a) it's not a word
b) it's such a stupid [sounding] not word i refuse to accept... like "Ness is out!"

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Because those don't just happen to be the most significant female characters to Nintendo, or anything.

Really, putting in females just because they're female is not a good idea.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Also: Sheba! She fits! Or Mia, or Jenna!
I know it's not going to happen, but at least none of them fall into the transforming, princess, or skintight outfit categories.

Top Bottom