• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something Occurred to me, looking through Brawl's trophies

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not sure if it's due to development time being tied up elswhere but the trophies in Brawl are kind of lazy. Compare the Earthbound Trophies in Melee where all of Ness's Team is recreated in 3D to Brawls where not a single Earthbound trophy isn't already part of gameplay.

Almost all the not-gameplay related trophies are touched up versions of existing 3D models. Nowhere is this more apparent than the Mario Subseries, Yoshi and WarioWare have always been 2D games, and in Brawl there's barely 4 trophies a set. Compare to Melee being the only appearance of 3D Baby Bowser and 3D Raphael Raven (Until Yoshi's Island 3DS anyway). And is it any coincidence that a good number of the DK trophies are the one off Kremlings from Barrel Blast?

Just needed to get that off my chest. Something was bugging me about Brawl's Trophies but I only just figured it out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
From what I've heard, a majority of Brawl's trophies have been ripped from other games.

The vast number of them seem to be like blatant advertisement to me. (Particularly the Zelda section)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm... Good eye. I just noticed that... Primarily because I only gawk over the Final Smash Trophies.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Paying for artists to render new models takes time, time costs money, there is no potential profit to be made by having higher quality trophies = no higher quality trophies needed.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't agree more. Much more love and attention clearly went into Melee's trophies. At least Brawl made up for it with the music.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've noticed that already. It's kind of lazy, indeed.

All FE trophies besides Ike, Marth, their Final Smashes and Lyn are rips from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Only the trophies in the "Other series" category had 3D models made from scratch.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I agree with LzR. It would take more time then it was worth.

Has it gotten to the point where you guys are nitpicking over EVERYTHING in Brawl?

My god...

Top Bottom