• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something is horribly wrong or horribly right with the range on Ganon's Sparta Kick.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman

Was fighting a ROB online when I noticed this... abnormality. In the second pic, I had just used the Axe Kick, (which still happens to have its ridiculous range from Brawl), but ROB had dodged. The first one I had just spot dodged. In the upper pic, the kick whiffed, despite ROB being in range to grab my foot. In the second pic, it hit, despite my foot being nowhere near ROB.

I smell something glitchy.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Maybe Ganon's foot isn't recognized as a hurtbox in his side tilt?

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Inconsistent hitboxes aren't too uncommon in this game. Just look at Meta Knight and his noodle sword.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes hurtboxes and hitboxes don't match the actual model. Sparta probably has a hitbox where there's no hurtbox + Rob's hurtbox didn't exted too much in one of those situations.

Thani

Smash Cadet
That's just how it is in this game, intentionally even, I bet. You see it in the Tips, even, describing how many attacks lose their hurtboxes in their attacking limbs during certain attacks, like Mario's head for his upsmash, for example. Essentially every character has some disjoints on stronger attacks, which is why you see so much clanking where you wouldn't have seen it in past games, and why you can block some projectiles with physical attacks that don't visually appear to be disjoints (swords). I imagine this change was to level out the clear advantage characters with natural disjoints had in past games, such as sword characters and others who wielded weapons such as as King Dedede.

Regardless, this change really helps Ganondorf, since his tilts are meaty enough to be able to clank with strong attacks, such as Marth's forward tilt, instead of the past where trying such would get his foot sliced off.

Top Bottom