• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

something i thought you might find interesting

D

Deleted member

Best Meta Knight ever, up-b really is his best killing move. Thanks for making this video; you really changed my mind about Meta Knight. I have a question though, what exactly was the first move that you did during the wtf part? It looked like a throw, but Dedede went too low, was it canceled or something? Also, lol @ when you tripped into Dedede's f-smash.
heres what happend,wich was a discovery as well.i ran up to ddd and grabbed him and did a grab attack.because of the momentum we went off the edge with him still in my grab attack so i hit a again real quick and got a free n-air kill =D

ive tested it on a few characters but still only know it to work on DDD so far.

Gamut

Smash Cadet
meh. i don't think i would want to try and out grab a decent DDD player, but still kinda neat.

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why it only works on Dedede. Have you tested with Bowser or other big characters?

D

Deleted member

no,not yet.ill test it when i get a chance.and guys itd be better if you had something to input on this as well. it does work quite well too so please try it before posting things like idk prolly doesnt work etc.

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe it only works on people with big feet! (Like Dedede and Kirby)

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Its just like when you get hit from being grabbed in melee right? It cancels the grab and pushes them back. So when ur sliding off the stage it cancels it right?

And it has great use, if DDD is by the edge or umping back, you can dash grab and Nair like he did in the video.

D

Deleted member

And it has great use, if DDD is by the edge or umping back, you can dash grab and Nair like he did in the video.
thats spot on my friend =)
what i usually do is wait for them to either jump recover and whiff an attack because they think im going to approach sooner or wait for them to do a standard ledge rise.

tjis has proven most effective thus far =D

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
so i think i figured it out or at least another way to do it. Do the Dash Grab by the edge. Wait for him to release ur grip THEN follow up with the nair. I dont think u have to cancel the grab by sliding at all, its jsut that when u let go after a while they fall since theres no ground to slide back on.

D

Deleted member

have you tried this? because the only way ive done it is by doing at least one grab attack while sliding so the animation of the attack is still going while your off the edge to keep the nme in your grip off the edge for a short bit.

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
I know you can do a sliding shield, and a sliding shield grab. But do you immediately stop when you grab them, or does a sliding shield grab keep sliding? Cause thats what this sounds like.

D

Deleted member

its possible but i wont be able to test it until i get a chance to play again.

i dont own a wii T__T

GodotAA

Smash Ace
I figured it out.

I was playing falco today to help battle snake and i did a running grab against a level 9 cpu De De De as he started to suck in. The momemtum of the dash threw both of us off the edge and i just Dair his face to his death.

But it seems In your vid TRU= that the DeDeDe Just started his Neutral B right before you grabbed him even though the actual move didnt start yet causing both of you to fall off the cliff.

ALSO think about Ike. If you QD against a sucking in DeDeDe or Kirby you die if your near the edge. The same thing happens here. Except that you don't die.

If i had a video id post it up but its only going to happen if the dedede is starting up his neutral b animation.

Top Bottom