• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something I found with Olimar's Dtilt

keeper

Smash Champion
(copied from my post on Brawl Central, don't hurt me)

Well, today, I was playing my friend who is a Lucas main, and he was just chilling while trying to hold me off with PK Fires. I accidentally went INTO one with a Dtilt and I ended up going through it with no damage and no pillar of fire formed. Thing is, I did this repeatedly as I tried it more and more and did it three times in a row.

If anyone finds more about it or finds this helpful, feel free to post.

Cheers,
keeper

Sorry if this has been found and/or is old. I looked through the first three pages of topics and saw nothing on it other than the topic about his Ftilt.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Oh, that is just awesome! So you can worm under those PK fire blokes with Olimar's down-tilt? I'm loving this. It seems like, although Olimar's tilt attacks are not as useful in combat as much as other characters' (like Snake's), Olimar's tilt attacks can be VERY useful in the right situations. Thanks for posting this.

keeper

Smash Champion
Not UNDER it, I went THROUGH it. ._.

I haven't tried it against a Ness. I'm also not sure it it hit my antennae or if it hit the helmet, but I'm pretty sure it was the helmet, but the antennae may still do it.

I'm positive I went through it, as I was at a bunch of distances, and they were all further and PK Fire naturally goes down.

I'll try to make a video some time this week, hopefully on Thursday, maybe even tomorrow.

Waldorf

Smash Rookie
that's amazing, i gotta try that! this will be useful considering all my friends main lucas and know wtf their doin

keeper

Smash Champion
I always use d-tilt as a taunt
(since it looks like he is doing the worm whew you spam it)

glad to hear there is a good use for it... still gotta test it for myself though
It actually is good as an attack as it chips people into the air and has okay range.

that's amazing, i gotta try that! this will be useful considering all my friends main lucas and know wtf their doin
Yeah, if you find if it works/doesn't work or only works a certain way, let me know.

I did it on Final Destination if that means anything. Every time I did it, I was at about 3/4's the way through the attack, basically right when he is still moving forward and just a little before he's about to stop. Just make sure you're moving into it, as far as I know.

Epic edit: Okay, so I tested it and it only works at certain distances. You cannot do this right by Lucas. It must be at a further distance. And what the PK Fire is hitting IS the antennae while the antennae is going from it's back position to forward. PK Fire goes through, but explodes over you and you don't take damage if you do it right.

I have tested this on others and I'll list what it out prioritizes:
Ness's PK Fire (no)
Lucario's Aura Sphere (Utilt and Dtilt both work)
Samus's Charge Beam (No, though you can go under the less charged ones)

Yeah.

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
ya I tried it myself, its 100% timing
it takes a lot of practice, and as you said its all about timing the antenna to go through the PKfire

it helps vs lucas who dont b-stick and stay on the ground for most of their PKfires
though it isnt too helpful vs lucas who b-stick and short hop fire spam :ohwell:

but the info about other projectiles is great

keeper

Smash Champion
ya I tried it myself, its 100% timing
it takes a lot of practice, and as you said its all about timing the antenna to go through the PKfire

it helps vs lucas who dont b-stick and stay on the ground for most of their PKfires
though it isnt too helpful vs lucas who b-stick and short hop fire spam :ohwell:

but the info about other projectiles is great
Well, you can go under those that jump with the Dtilt.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Very simply, the two hitboxes of the dtilt go at the same time, the antenna going slightly ahead of Olimar's body. The PK Fire and antenna connect, canceling each other out. If it is timing, then the antenna has to be in front of Olimar (not sure how deep ino the attack this happens, but I know it does at one point).

keeper

Smash Champion
Very simply, the two hitboxes of the dtilt go at the same time, the antenna going slightly ahead of Olimar's body. The PK Fire and antenna connect, canceling each other out. If it is timing, then the antenna has to be in front of Olimar (not sure how deep ino the attack this happens, but I know it does at one point).
You are right, and the antennae thing is at the end of the attack.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
Ahaha!
This is great. I main both Olimar & Lucas.
I`m going to take full advantage of this now. . .

Top Bottom